October Selection - RMR Scotland

Discussion in 'RMR' started by oldspice, May 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The next selection for Scotland and N.Ireland is the weekend of 9th to 11th October 2009.

It will be held at HQ RMR Scotland in Glasgow.
    Your first point of contact really needs to be your local Armed Forces Careers Office ( AFCO).

Part of the application process, on completion of medical etc at the AFCO, will be an invitation to attend a presentation at your local RMR Detachment and the opportunity to join Holding Troop.

*Please note that Holding Troop opportunities may differ in various RMR Units. The following information is specific to Glasgow Detachment of RMR Scotland.

What is Holding Troop?

Attending training at your RMR Detachment, one evening per week, which is geared towards prepping you to pass the Selection Weekend. You should find a progressive mix of circuit training and running and regular RMFA and BFT checks.

Bit of downtime as well at end of the evenings training in the Spean Bridge Club ( Junior Ranks Mess) when you can enjoy a few beers, listen to dits from the lads just back from Afghanistan and also a chance to meet other potential recruits and arrange further training (phys) outside Holding Troop sessions.

AFCO Offices in Scotland and N.Ireland

Glasgow
    Charlotte House
    78 Queen Street
    Glasgow
    G1 3DN

Tel: 0141 224 5710
    Fax: 0141 224 5731

Aberdeen
    63 Belmont Street
    Aberdeen
    AB10 1JS

Tel: 01224 639999

Dundee
    29/31 Bank Street
    Dundee
    DD1 1RW

Tel: 01382 227198

Dunfermline
    32-34 East Port
    Dunfermline
    Fife
    KY12 7JB

Tel: 01383 625283

Edinburgh
    67 - 83 Shandwick Place
    Edinburgh
    EH2 4SN

Tel: 0131 221 1111

Inverness
    3 Bridge Street
    Inverness
    IV1 1HG

Tel: 01463 233668

Belfast
    Palace Barracks
    Holywood
    Co Down
    BT18 9RA

Tel: 028 9042 7040

AFCO contact pages: http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/careers/...areers-office/

2. Further to the post from Old spice, I would suggest that the sooner interests are noted at the Afco's the better, the sooner you can get to the individual detachments, and you can be fully prepared for the selection weekend.

3. I'll have a go at that!! What holding troop then??

4. ALL CHANGE......DUE TO PROBLEMS IN PROCESSING POTENTIAL RECRUITS CAUSED BY POSTAL STRIKES AND THE DELAYS IN SECURITY CLEARANCES, RMRSCOTLAND NEXT SELECTION WEEKEND IS NOW 14/15 NOVEMBER 09. CONTACT YOUR ARMED FORCES CAREERS OFFICE FOR DETAILS.

DID I SAY CONTACT? I MEANT GET IN TOUCH WITH!

5. Fair one! :roll:

6. Your first point of contact really needs to be your local Armed Forces Careers Office ( AFCO).

At last!!!!! I now know what an AFCO is :D Simple old Recruiting Office in my day

7. RMR Scotland - Selection Weekend feb 2012

Selection Weekend

The next selection weekend has been moved to the weekend of 18th/19th February 2012. Joining instructions will be sent out to those approved to attend. Be prepared to travel to RMR Scotland HQ on the Friday evening ready for an early morning start on the Saturday.

Holding Troop

Holding Troop mid-week sessions and full weekends are now on the program for the tail end of 2011. Weekends will be a mix of gym circuits, outdoor phys (BPT) and an introduction to phase 1 training. HT is an opportunity to further prepare for a successful selection weekend as well as gain an insight to the forthcoming recruit training program.

Holding Troop is not compulsary but positive results from previous intakes show it does benefit those who attend.

AFCO APPLICATION PROCESS
    1. Contact the AFCO. They invite you initially to drop in between 09.00hrs and 17.00hrs for an informal chat.
    2. Formally start the application process and keep on top of it until you have dates for Holding Troop and/or your Selection Weekend.
    Whilst the application is in process keep up your phys with focus on the 3 mile run and RMFA.

Read more on the PRMC forum

8. Aweso......er....I mean 'hoofin'.

Just out of interest what are the pass fail criteria for naked roll mat fighting?