October book competitions - DESERT FIRE

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Many of you will have read the review by TheIronDuke on DESERT FIRE, well the book is not bad either! Here is a chance to win a copy of 'Big' Phil's début novel. Entry form is on Survey Monkey and as ever just answer the extremely simple questions correctly and you will have a chance to win.

desert fire.jpg

The review can be found here: Desert Fire

The competition will run until Sunday 28th October (or maybe a bit later as I am away from home that weekend). Winners will be announced shortly after this date so if you enter the competition please look out for the email if you are lucky - recently each competition has left one book unclaimed for long periods, in some instances meaning that the prize is reallocated, which is a complete PITA for me and the publishers who donate the prizes.

More competitions will be run throughout the month of October; next book competition will be for COMMANDO by James Owen (review to come)

Commando - Owen.jpg

Last edited:

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Firstly, I have amended the closing date for the competition - I got the weekends mixed up and am claiming a 'Senior Moment' for this. The closing date for the competition, as stated on the entry form, is 28th October. With a week still to run this should not prove an issue!

Watch out fore the next competition starting on Monday for COMMANDO by James Owen.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
ANSWERS and WINNERS

A tad late but here goes. The winners, in no particular order are:

• Dubh
  • denzh
  • ACAB
  • Cutaway
  • Squeekingsapper

I will email them for their details.