October book Comp - Notes from a Small Military

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Recently reviewed by none other than Bad CO, this book by Major General Chip Chapman is now the subject of our next competition.

There are four copies available as prizes so to get the opportunity to own and read this book just enter the competition in the usual manner, through the Survey Monkey entry form; ​and answer the three very simple questions.The competition will run until Sunday 27th October.

Read the Review here.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Winners & Answers - Notes from a Small Military

Competition ended and winners picked; the following are the lucky dogs:
denzh
bladesman
HHH
Rod924

I will be emailing them later for their details.

Answers:

Q1 Size of the army in 1980 = c159,000

Q2 The Service which has increased its number of officers recently is NOT the RAF but none other than the ARMY

Q3 The number of battalions of Parachute Regiment during WW2 was : 17.

Well done to those who were correct and commiserations if you did not come out of the draw. Not surprisingly, a large number of entrants thought that the RAF was the Service which had increased it's Officer pool - wonder what will happen to all these extra army officers now?

Look out for the next competition which will be a pot luck and run for just a week. Up soon. In the meantime there is still the competition for a Kosa 3 Jacket which can be found here.

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
The competition sits on ARRSE and that link in red should take you to the competition page for this which in turn will give you a link in to the Survey Monkey entry form. If you still can't find it I will post another thread with the links to the jacket competition.

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm denied access... Link not working for me. Will investigate further later.

Edit: Sorted. App wasn't letting me use links.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex wren.

Last edited: