Observer Grading

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Centrebac15, Mar 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, i was just wondering weather anyone could give me more of an insight into observer grading, What sort of tests they set and if there is anyway to practice for them?

I was also wondering weather it takes place during BRNC training or after? and what happens if you dont make the grade during grading?

2. You could always be a comet observer,we are being told about a comet being visible.

3. You end up a pilot.....

4. And if you are extremely lucky will pass selection for S.T.C.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  5. As you like the word weather, why not think about the Met branch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. image.jpg Just for the wannabe looker!!! Ps Pontious could never master this:D

7. What's that Scouse a device for working out betting odds?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Can do those in my head !!!!!

9. Hmmm, competition.

10. I betcha Pontius can do DR in his head!!! My old boss could - impressive. A Dalton would only be baggage!!!!

11. Funny flip flops, do they fold up like the beds?

12. Waspie is now top of my Christmas card list :smile:

To be honest, it's a lot easier in a fast jet than in a helicopter/light aircraft. Even with a 30kt crosswind you're only going to have a max drift of 4(ish) degrees, as opposed to 15, so it's almost not worth taking into account. There certainly wasn't the time, nor space, to be getting out whizzwheels so, yes, you did get very good at doing all that stuff in your head and I reckon any of us could have come up with the same answer as Mr Dalton but a lot quicker. No rocket science, just a lot of practice.

Nobody tell Wrecker what the WAFU apparatus is really for. That need-to-know is the only way we can ensure robust security (and not let the nasty non-WAFUs into the secrets of the Magic Kingdom).

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. image.jpg :nike:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Spock used it for Jump Nav just like our lookers Scouse!!!!!!!

15. His facial expression tells us he's just realised he doesn't have enough fuel to get back.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yup, definitely a 'take more than Scotty to get us out of this mess' expression!!!

17. All done at 750 NAS, RNAS Culdrose. 2 weeks of Dalton work. If you fail you choose a different branch. No need to start practising until post Dartmouth.

18. . Nice one....RAS to TAS!!!!!

• Like Like x 1