obesity crisis

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by The_Wonderer, Jun 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,
    In my line of work, one of the many questions I'm frequently asked is what we could all be doing to combat the growing obesity crisis.
    I'm fully aware that this is a psychological issue, but one idea I do have would be to outlaw junk food. (If its not there, it cant be eaten).

Any other suggestions ?

(jokes included) :thumright:
  2. Compulsory weekly sport at school, to include swimming lessons from the age of 5.

Oh, I forgot, Liebore sold most of the school fields off, didn't they!!
  3. All workplaces to offer free execise classes after work - Tai Chi/Yoga - something like that
  4. -thanks BH

And here's some more "advice"......

Q. My husband continually asks me to perform oral sex on him.

A. Do it. Semen can help you lose weight and gives a great glow to your skin. His offer to allow you perform oral sex on him is totally selfless. This shows he loves you. The best thing to do is to thank him by performing it twice a day: then cook him a nice meal.
  5. All children from the age of 4 are to be forced to join the "Labour Youth". A Quasi-Political youth movement catering for all childrens needs including Ethnic worship (British children taught to start any sentence with "You Know...Like...." and to say sorry to any ethnic that they come across). English as a second language (British kids taught that English should only be used as a last resort) and Eating foreign muck classes, where classic British food is shown for the imperialist poison that it is.
    No kind of physical activity or testing is to take place because that only creates competition, which as we all know, is the root of all evil. ;)

6. Get rid of cars.... plenty of runnin then! hehehe
  7. I don't see junk food as the pronblem, if you do enough exercise from the very start then you can have all the fish suppers you want. We need to get back to the old regime of 1 hour PT from day one in school, and school organised sport. I played rugby from the age of 9 and swam competitively, too many kids to day don't get serious sport at school and are discouraged for health and safety grounds from active games in the play ground. Schools need to promote active sports rather than discourage them because some one might lose. I didn't have to worry about getting fit to go to BRNC nor did any one else.
  8. Maxi, completely agree. As there is no longer 'competitive' sports at school, what do kids do now - they come home and veg with their parents in front of the telly or on the PC or games console or hang around in groups on the street doing sweet FA.

When I was at school, used to get home, do your home work have tea then down the park from about half six till 9 playing football, other kids used to join in so we would end up with to teams of on average 15-20 having a bloody good laugh and some fun, especially when the ball ended up in the river....
  9. "Put the fridge in the loft, make em ******* work for it"

"Attach elastic bands to the spoon and fork *insert physcial comedy action here*"

"Remove all the food in the supermarket and put live animals in there so we can hunt for our food, i'll be in the trolley with the wife pushing me around, make a left here love"

Gotta love Lee Evans and he's much funnier when not being described by some unfunny idiot like me but yeah you get the jist of it lads!
  10. Just because there are words like brekkie, stand easy, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner , 9 o'clockers, supper does not mean we have to cram food in our face at these times....the majority of people, even the super fit ones can survive on less food.