OASC - Speed Distance Time Practice - iPhone App

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Inspired, Oct 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I have recently left the Navy and set up a small company developing iPhone Apps. My first was designed back when I was going through the Flight Aptitude Test at Cranwell.

So, I am providing a link here to anyone who would like to have a look - the App itself was very helpful (for me anyway) and is being continually updated.

More information can be found at my website: Inspired Apps Limited - Speed Distance Time - Practice Questions

or iTunes: Connecting to the iTunes Store.

I hope people find this helpful, there is also a contact page on my site if anyone would like any information or has any questions.

I have also been advised that I should put at the bottom - I did seek permission before advertising on this forum, permission was granted by BAD CO.

To all those setting sail for the OASC - Good luck!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. Assuming of course that you never plan on going faster than 66mph or further than 66miles? ;-)
    I have also gone to some considerable trouble to make sure that the questions can always be answered by a whole number so it should be do-able without a calculator, as in the real test.

Future development plans include: Fuel Use questions, memory questions and orientation questions.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  3. Scott,

Looks like a reasonable concept having had a quick look at the App. Are all the speeds in mph rather than Kts (with my aircrew head on)? A basic mental arithmetic test tool like this would also be useful for those going to AIB, as during the planning/discussion exercise candidates are tested on speed/time/distance questions.
  4. Hi Talking Baggage,

Yes currently all the speeds are in mph rather than kts, but that is a good suggestion so I shall add it to the plans for the next release, (1.2) along with the orientation type questions.

Thanks for the feedback!

5. I'll capitulate to that, I hadn't considered using more than 2 die per variable. of course how do you know if you got the answer right?

Have a good one!
  6. We've just sent version 1.2 up to Applefor review, should be done in a few days.

We've added orientation questions. Memory questions are in the works and should follow quite quickly.
  7. Looking better all the time! Just need to get an apple device for Christmas....
  8. Well when you do Email me and you can have a free copy!

1.3 is on the App Store now - with Memory Questions.