OASC - Speed Distance Time Practice - iPhone App

Hi All,

I have recently left the Navy and set up a small company developing iPhone Apps. My first was designed back when I was going through the Flight Aptitude Test at Cranwell.

So, I am providing a link here to anyone who would like to have a look - the App itself was very helpful (for me anyway) and is being continually updated.

More information can be found at my website: Inspired Apps Limited - Speed Distance Time - Practice Questions

or iTunes: Connecting to the iTunes Store.

I hope people find this helpful, there is also a contact page on my site if anyone would like any information or has any questions.

I have also been advised that I should put at the bottom - I did seek permission before advertising on this forum, permission was granted by BAD CO.

To all those setting sail for the OASC - Good luck!

Scott

Last edited:
Alternatively you could buy 4 die (dice) for less than 50p and roll 2 for the distance and 2 for the speed, unlimited combinations and no batteris required :wink:
Assuming of course that you never plan on going faster than 66mph or further than 66miles? ;-)
I have also gone to some considerable trouble to make sure that the questions can always be answered by a whole number so it should be do-able without a calculator, as in the real test.

Future development plans include: Fuel Use questions, memory questions and orientation questions.

Last edited:
Scott,

Looks like a reasonable concept having had a quick look at the App. Are all the speeds in mph rather than Kts (with my aircrew head on)? A basic mental arithmetic test tool like this would also be useful for those going to AIB, as during the planning/discussion exercise candidates are tested on speed/time/distance questions.

Hi Talking Baggage,

Yes currently all the speeds are in mph rather than kts, but that is a good suggestion so I shall add it to the plans for the next release, (1.2) along with the orientation type questions.

Thanks for the feedback!

Scott

I'll capitulate to that, I hadn't considered using more than 2 die per variable. of course how do you know if you got the answer right?

Anyway,

Have a good one!

We've just sent version 1.2 up to Applefor review, should be done in a few days.

We've added orientation questions. Memory questions are in the works and should follow quite quickly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
F The Fleet Air Arm 3
LancashireHussar Current Affairs 14