OAP SHOCKED AT CHINESE BRIDE'S VISA BID FAILURE

Squirrel

Lantern Swinger
"I enjoy having her around. I enjoy talking to her and laughing with her. I enjoy every part of her."


lol, I bet you do you dirty old sod lol
 

slim

War Hero
Squirrel said:
"I enjoy having her around. I enjoy talking to her and laughing with her. I enjoy every part of her."


lol, I bet you do you dirty old sod lol

While I have no objection to the old boy enjoying his Chinese takeaway I do object to paying for through taxation.
 

RabC

MIA
As a not too old ex matelot (41) living in Thailand I get very fustrated every time I go to the embassy with my Thai girlfriend and get the third degree just for a tourist visa. We only wish to visit my family for 2 weeks every 2-3 years but we find ourselves treated like some kind of human smuggling ring.
I understand means testing before entry visas are issued but we have been living together for 6 years and have proof of it. I seriously believe that if I was a minority I would receive better consideration but the embassy in Bangkok treat me like a dirty old man!!!!
 

slim

War Hero
RabC said:
As a not too old ex matelot (41) living in Thailand I get very fustrated every time I go to the embassy with my Thai girlfriend and get the third degree just for a tourist visa. We only wish to visit my family for 2 weeks every 2-3 years but we find ourselves treated like some kind of human smuggling ring.
I understand means testing before entry visas are issued but we have been living together for 6 years and have proof of it. I seriously believe that if I was a minority I would receive better consideration but the embassy in Bangkok treat me like a dirty old man!!!!

As someone who has worked in the Kingdom I can understand your feelings. Some of my colleagues married Thais and had to go through the same procedure. After one or two visits to the embassy and letters from employers the visas seemed to get easier. One guy in now living with Thai wife and their kids in Plymouth (has been for about 14 years) the other is even happier retired and living in Chonburry (about 14 years also)
Hopefully it will get easier for you.

However it never fails to amaze me how the partners from arranged marriages manage to get to the uK with no problems
 

slim

War Hero
kingoftwigs said:
I'm sure Mr Dudley and Tingtong will find a way, why not move to China, I'm sure he likes eating a chinese!

If Mr Dudley wishes to move to China I am sure that he will find his pension goes a lot further than it does here ( so long as he doesn't go to one of the big cities). However I doubt whether the authorities will provide him with either sheltered accommodation or medical services. That is of course if his wife will sponsor him (wonder how long this marriage lasts).
At my last company one of the staff married a girl from the Philippines, he had known her for a week or two. Brought her back to the UK. His age mid 50s hers about 22.
We all told him that as soon as she had been married long enough to get a visa in her own right that would be the end of the marriage. He didn't bat an eyelid, No problem he said, I'll go back and get a replacement. :smile:
 
Hardly surprising they had "inconsistencies" in their stories.
Quote "The relationship blossomed despite the fact that she didn't speak English"?????
How did it blossom exactly, come on, play the game, if you can't even speak the language how the hell does your relationship blossom?
Even though me and my missus speak her native language I will not even consider taking her to the UK until she can speak passable English, if for no other reason than she might be ill or have problems when I am not there.
 

dondon

MIA
Lingyai said:
Hardly surprising they had "inconsistencies" in their stories.
Quote "The relationship blossomed despite the fact that she didn't speak English"?????
How did it blossom exactly, come on, play the game, if you can't even speak the language how the hell does your relationship blossom?
Even though me and my missus speak her native language I will not even consider taking her to the UK until she can speak passable English, if for no other reason than she might be ill or have problems when I am not there.


Good one "Ling" ,
 

New Posts

Top