OAP SHOCKED AT CHINESE BRIDE'S VISA BID FAILURE

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Mar 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good to see he's standing by her.

Obviously, she'll be doing the same.

Aye right. Next mug please!

2. I phoned for a chinky last night.
    Is this why it never arrived ?

3. "I enjoy having her around. I enjoy talking to her and laughing with her. I enjoy every part of her."

lol, I bet you do you dirty old sod lol

4. While I have no objection to the old boy enjoying his Chinese takeaway I do object to paying for through taxation.

5. As a not too old ex matelot (41) living in Thailand I get very fustrated every time I go to the embassy with my Thai girlfriend and get the third degree just for a tourist visa. We only wish to visit my family for 2 weeks every 2-3 years but we find ourselves treated like some kind of human smuggling ring.
    I understand means testing before entry visas are issued but we have been living together for 6 years and have proof of it. I seriously believe that if I was a minority I would receive better consideration but the embassy in Bangkok treat me like a dirty old man!!!!

6. As someone who has worked in the Kingdom I can understand your feelings. Some of my colleagues married Thais and had to go through the same procedure. After one or two visits to the embassy and letters from employers the visas seemed to get easier. One guy in now living with Thai wife and their kids in Plymouth (has been for about 14 years) the other is even happier retired and living in Chonburry (about 14 years also)
    Hopefully it will get easier for you.

However it never fails to amaze me how the partners from arranged marriages manage to get to the uK with no problems

7. I'm sure Mr Dudley and Tingtong will find a way, why not move to China, I'm sure he likes eating a chinese!

8. If Mr Dudley wishes to move to China I am sure that he will find his pension goes a lot further than it does here ( so long as he doesn't go to one of the big cities). However I doubt whether the authorities will provide him with either sheltered accommodation or medical services. That is of course if his wife will sponsor him (wonder how long this marriage lasts).
    At my last company one of the staff married a girl from the Philippines, he had known her for a week or two. Brought her back to the UK. His age mid 50s hers about 22.
    We all told him that as soon as she had been married long enough to get a visa in her own right that would be the end of the marriage. He didn't bat an eyelid, No problem he said, I'll go back and get a replacement. :smile:

9. At least he wasn't kidding himself then!

10. Hardly surprising they had "inconsistencies" in their stories.
    Quote "The relationship blossomed despite the fact that she didn't speak English"?????
    How did it blossom exactly, come on, play the game, if you can't even speak the language how the hell does your relationship blossom?
    Even though me and my missus speak her native language I will not even consider taking her to the UK until she can speak passable English, if for no other reason than she might be ill or have problems when I am not there.

11. Good one "Ling" ,

12. The girls in the Thailand bars speak excellent English. If they don't their friends teach them. bit like a call centre really they just go through a script:

1. Whats youre name :smile:
    2. Where you from
    3. Buy me a drink :smile:
    4. Which hotel you stay :oops:
    5. I come with you. :oops:

No wasted words :lol:

13. The Thai lass I met in one of the bars in Soi Cowboy a couple of years ago spoke better English than I did. I was too shiters to speak at all.

14. Slim, I've noticed that you tend to post a lot from the South Wales Post.

I'm increasingly thinking that you may be Welsh.

15. No but have a Welsh Surname. Also own a bungalow in Llangennech (home of the old naval stores depot), had it for about 6 years. Its a great place and I enjoy relaxing down there. :smile:
    as for some of the newspaper reports, well you just couldn't make thge stuff up. :???:

16. Ah Jimmy Soi Cowbay, :smile: many great memories of that place along with the Nana Plaza :oops: and some others. Never did like Patpong where all the tourists go. :evil:

17. Well, that failed, didn't it?

Ho hum.

18. :twisted: The mixed marriage business is prospering world wide it appears and here in Oz guys are going for the Philipino women, in many cases to their cost. The 'visa marriage' is widely practised for a number of reasons, it appears ,and range from a need to leave a country where women are treated like cattle to the marriage where a much younger woman will tolerate a dirty old man for the eventual ' jackpot', followed by a succession of other suckers and a life on welfare, usually non existant in their own countries.

There are genuine marriages of course and very successful too but so many are for the visa and the reason so many 'arranged' marriages successfully obtain visas is because they pay the right 'officials' a big enough 'backhander' for the 'rubber stamp'. This huge genetic shake up is as interesting as it is disturbing in many ways as the once distinct lines of cultureral identity are blurred. I once enjoyed the stability of ' home' where language and social practices were reasonably standard. Sadly,for me, confusion now prevails, a modern and global Babylon maybe with a similar biblical outcome ahead.

Anyway, to the poor old bugger in Wales. It is not difficult to understand his need for companionship and affection but if it's not genuine what's the good? Just like the bought services of any kind if that's what yer want that's what yer gets. If he succeds it will be a further addition to the foreign content of the population but of little consequence as the flood of foreigners is now out of control so give her the visa FFS. :lol:

19. :twisted: The mixed marriage business is prospering world wide it appears and here in Oz guys are going for the Philipino women, in many cases to their cost. The 'visa marriage' is widely practised for a number of reasons, it appears ,and range from a need to leave a country where women are treated like cattle to the marriage where a much younger woman will tolerate a dirty old man for the eventual ' jackpot', followed by a succession of other suckers and a life on welfare, usually non existant in their own countries.

There are genuine marriages of course and very successful too but so many are for the visa and the reason so many 'arranged' marriages successfully obtain visas is because they pay the right 'officials' a big enough 'backhander' for the 'rubber stamp'. This huge genetic shake up is as interesting as it is disturbing in many ways as the once distinct lines of cultureral identity are blurred. I once enjoyed the stability of ' home' where language and social practices were reasonably standard. Sadly,for me, confusion now prevails, a modern and global Babylon maybe with a similar biblical outcome ahead.

Anyway, to the poor old bugger in Wales. It is not difficult to understand his need for companionship and affection but if it's not genuine what's the good? Just like the bought services of any kind if that's what yer want that's what yer gets. If he succeds it will be a further addition to the foreign content of the population but of little consequence as the flood of foreigners is now out of control so give her the visa FFS. :lol: