O2 Thieves!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by andym, Jul 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes,ban him/them

2. No

0 vote(s)
  1. Lets have a vox pop here!
  2. Why do you need to hold a vote? Does someone like him?
  3. Think the MODS need to do more to counteract these O2 thieves shenanigans. Everybody is entitled to an opinion but we all know who these people are and a few PM's in their direction wouldn't go amiss.

4. Thirteen Thousand, six hundred and seventy four.

The number of views on Gash Barges own Msgsmiley Thread.
    Did that not start out with an O2 tag on it?
    Realise it was started by HTP I think, but still proving a popular place to post?

And where o where has Misternasty gone?
  5. If a poster is found to be posting under numerous names then he/she should be banned.
  6. no it did not........ altho he messes about in that thread he does add normaly to other threads...and uses the chat room like many others do.
    i have not personaly read his very own thread,,, well i tried too but got fed up with the inane drivel and fell asleep... there are as many that get on it with him as those that dont...
  7. So, how does you set about creating more than one account then?
    And why the Hell would you want to, unless you're skitz and
    don't actually realise that you are doing it.
  8. I voted No, why can`t you just ignore him if he bothers you? to me he`s an arsehole, but then, to ban him on that basis, how many MODS should we ban? :w00t:
  9. Andy, I find your ridiculously large signature far more annoying than any post that can be ignored ;)

"Life is like a box of chocolates....."
  10. would you be happier if it were made smaller?
  11. Personally, I see no need for it to be shown here mate, we all, to a man, support the brave Gurkhas. However, on the other side of the coin, you are very right to be proudly showing it (if you know what I mean :) ) but it would be nice if you could shrink it a bit mate, just so that more posts were shown per page, if nothing else! :D
  12. Hows about that?
  13. That Sir, is spot on :)

Thank you very much [​IMG][​IMG]
  14. No problem shippers,i need ot find another one
  15. 'He who shall not be named' only revives it's self due to the fact that a vast amount of people on here respond to it.

Advice, ignore the fcuker!
  16. I agree with Higs and JD, who .. er .. appear to agree with each other too; that can't be right :shakefist: Anyway, between the two of them they have summed up my thoughts on this issue, exactly. :thumright:
  17. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I've voted NO, to me, normally, to ban someone is a form of censorship, if you don't like what He's writing, don't read it.
  18. Quite right, Janner. As Higs and JD say, if you don't like 'oxygen thieves' don't engage with them. Those who would ban people at the same time as they engage with them are in a bit of a quandry because in the very act of replying (and replying repeatedly) to the posts of someone they would otherwise wish to banish they both elevate that persons post to one worthy of reply and legitimise that person's right to express their viewpoints, regardless of whether one finds those views palatable or not. And if that kind of philosophical argument does not convice you then you could simply say to yourself, 'let him have his say but I'll not give him the satisfaction of a response' - what is he going to do then?

Edited for typo
  19. I don't like what you have said Janner............I think we should ban you :boogie:

Nah, kidding, I think your one hot papa in need of some room shaking :muhaha:
  20. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Did some thing interupt our conversation then Harry?