NW Evening Mail: "Sub 'Slip' Enquiry"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Sep 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anti-nuclear campaigners claimed in a Scottish paper that the incident could have triggered a torpedo explosion, or even damaged the nuclear reactor on board.

Proof once again that these boneheads have absolutely no idea of what they are talking about.

Scaremongering at it's finest :roll:

2. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

The Left are of course talking across those who do know what's what, to other impressionable boneheads. The Left can only subsist on lies, this is just one small example.

3. Obviously from the same stable that claims kissing can cause pregnancy.

4. I agree the report is total bullshit but the trouble is there are millions of impressionable people who have never seen a torpedo loaded onto a boat will believe almost anything they're told.
    The report on why the loading rails slipped into the Gareloch will make entertaining reading so let's hope we all get the chance of a chuckle. :wink:

5. It is really worrying how many (educated) people cannot differentiate between 'nuclear powered' and 'nuclear weapon' and just see the devil word 'nuclear' and assume they are going to die!

Bloody left wing, tree hugging, whale saving, pinky faggots (no offence :oops: ), scaremongering eco-gits, I hate them!

But, just maybe, if there HAD been a weapon on the rails, it could have slipped off and gone hurtling (backwards) along 2 deck, before finally crashing through the bulkhead of the reactor compartment, where it could............

oh sod it, I'm off to bed.

6. it wouldn't have fallen far anyway, there's that many pusser's cups in there they could have walked over and picked it up, obviously once the nuclear winter caused by a bit of metal falling into some water had passed.