Nut Allergy

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SJRM_RN, Dec 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was just reminiscing about my last decent foreign holiday, a few years ago. And I remembered that when we were on the aircraft on the way there, there was an announcement about no nuts being served on the flight as there was someone on the aircraft with a severe nut allergy.

Now, this got me thinking; I was born in 1969 and went to school through the 70' and 80's and I can't remember one person at any of my schools that had nut allergies (and i went to some pretty large schools in London), let alone anyone who died a grotesque, painful, hacking death, because I ate a packet of Dry Roasted within 50 feet of them.

Also, what do these people do for entertainment, if they are THAT allergic then how do they manage to go to the pub/supermarket/ANYWHERE without fear of instant nut death?

Is the whole 'nut allergy' thing a new phenomenon and if so when did it start and who thought it up?

Just a thought

(I suppose this could be merged with the 'irrational violence' thread)
  2. They have acctualy found a cure for penut allergies. Believe it or not but they crush just 1 penut into dust and give them just a sprinkle, until eventualy they can eat 1 whole penut ( after a period of time) After that the person then has to have a couple of penuts a day. This may not be entirly correct but it's something along the lines of that
  3. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Halloween must be a right [email protected], watching all your mates dress up as Jacko and cruise the streets. On a lighter note Jimbo, they probably all died before they made school age.
  4. The allergy du jour in NZ appears to be Gluten intollerance, along with irritable bowel syndrome this grips my proverbial if you'll excuse the pun.
    There was a kid at my daughters kindergarten who was allergic or intolerant of just about everything, I 'liked' the fact that all the other kids had to adapt their diets just so 'Billy' wouldn't keel over at the slightest whiff of milk, cheese, bread, nuts and/or chocolate.
    Allergic? Then you can walk around in a resperator while I enjoy my peanuts you cnut!
  5. Allegies to peanuts is God's way of weding out the weak. We should stop pandering to them and let nature run its course.
  6. 'Kinnel - New Zealand has never been as healthy since they stopped anthropophage snacking :bball:

Puts pass the salted nuts into an entirely new category.

7. Know a lad who applied to join the Corps, had peanut allergy on his medical record due to a friend catching him in the eye with a peanut during a food fight as a kid. Eye inflamed, doc diagnosed this was due to offending object being a peanut rather than due to impact.

He eats peanuts but has had his application rejected, shame would have made a good bootneck!
  8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

They're just getting told off now for barbecue-ing their dogs when it's snack time. It's called progression or something.

I'm the same age as Jimbo and cannot remember anyone with allergies at school, kids are far to pampered today, nowt wrong with a few germs to strengthen the immune system.
  9. I was allergic to nuts. Soon fixed that problem though... :lol:
  10. Ouch! you're a braver man than me Gunga Din! :lol:
  11. Nuts can be very dangerous and it is surprising how many people react badly to them. I was in the Spanish Bar and saw a civvy lose his front teeth and break his nose when a Bootie gave him just a small one.

12. yeah i can just see you with your blue rinse and loud hawaiian shirt mincing around Benidorm mate!!!

Pass the nuts!!! :wink:
  13. Knew a girl once who was 'seriously allergic'. Problem was, she would check the back of chocolate bars, and even if it said 'possible trace of nuts', she would stuff her face with it anyway. But when anyone else started eating anything that contained nuts, she went ballistic, accusing them of trying to kill her, blah bla bla...

Fcuking nutcase she was! (excuse the pun...) :) :D
  14. its a myth like that adhi or wotever its called just a naughty kid that needs a good hiding
  15. Yes they need to burn as do IBS 'victims' (Try eating less fat, you fussy cnut!) Gluten fanatics and lactose fundamentalists.
    I base this rather harsh judgement on the scientific theory that the whiney muppets pish me right off!
  16. Cracking argument, well reasoned
  17. My proposal for this year's BBC Reith Lecture 'Why I should be let loose with a 12 bore amongst the participants of eating disorder documentaries and then given a get out of jail free card." was turned down by the DG, I bet he's an IBS twunt!
  18. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Can I propose adding Attention deficiency disorder to the list of people who need culling?

Admittedly it's not an eating disorder but, as attention whores go this bunch really know how to fcuk people off.

Infact, add their parents to the list as well, attention deficiency disorder my arrse, give the little cnuts a slap and instil some discipline in the wild little runts.