Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nurses or Student nurse?

Stephielou92

Midshipman
Hi,

Just wondering if there's any current serving nurses, student nurses or even past nurses on here?

Could do with some answers to questions I have and feel those in the position or who have been there are best to answer!

Thank you very much

photface

Lantern Swinger
Hi @Stephielou92, I'm currently a nurse in the RNR and would be happy to try to answer any questions you have! Just drop me a message :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Not a nurse but know a bit about recruiting them.

Financially, if you can get someone to pay for your Nursing degree whilst you earn a wage, so much the better but the bar will definitely be raised for Nurses in view of the NHS change of tack. Snag is the RN only needs about a dozen student nurses, so they can afford to be picky.

Trained nurses are still being more actively recruited at present.

Sumo

War Hero
is that a case of we believe in training people but if they are trained before they join even Better?

Sumo

War Hero
Cost is the issue, I'd imagine.
Civy street been that way for awhile, my current employer will pay for any degree you fancy after one year, they cover fees 3hour off paid per week, won't pay for travel or residential schools, not bad but I've done my learning.

Last edited:

Sumo

War Hero
the title of this thread has me concerned, it says nurses and student nurses, instantly think of ladies in nurses uniforms, is there something wrong with me, is it just me? There are only so many cold showers I can have in one day:(

ok where's my cap?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
the title of this thread has me concerned, it says nurses and student nurses, instantly think of ladies in nurses uniforms, is there something wrong with me, is it just me? There are only so many cold showers I can have in one day:(

ok where's my cap?
That's because you're thinking of that "coachload of nurses" that were promised on every UK run ashore S/R's C&A party/ships company dance etc.

I often wondered where they got to :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS 14,199 more NHS nurses and nursing student acceptances rise by 23% MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 13,700 more nurses working in the NHS MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New funding to double nursing apprentices and help deliver 50,000 more nurses MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applicants to nursing courses in England up 16% as NHS employs record number of nurses and midwives MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurses, we thank you for your service as we get through coronavirus together MoD News 0
MoD_RSS National recruitment campaign for paramedics, radiographers and nurses begins MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PHE spotlights nurses and midwives' roles in global public health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Nurses are mission-critical to culture change in the NHS MoD News 0
K Waiting Nurses call Joining the Royal Navy 0
Seaweed Naval Nurses in WW1 History 1
C Qualified Nurses Burns ITU, Essex, £25-35k The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
S Nurses? Nearest & Dearest 1
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: GP Locum and Nurses The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
The_Caretaker Doctor & Nurses Miscellaneous 0
soleil Doctors and Nurses at War: ITV tonight 2235 The Corps 13
D Doctors and Nurses at War Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
ex_rubberdagger Doctors and Nurses at war Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 8
Tas-ape On the subject of dirty Nurses The Gash Barge 0
Achmed Nurses!! The Corps 44
S Naval Nurses Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
GSSR_Vvd Mental health nurses in the RN Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
slim Nurses face sack over cups of tea Diamond Lil's 56
MoD_RSS £5 billion in student finance paid so far this term MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Two new Non-Executive Directors appointed to the Student Loans Company Board MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: RN Officer Makes History After Being Named Top Naval Student On Germany's Most Prestigious Course The Fleet 2
MoD_RSS Student Loans Company appoints Atos as a Strategic Partner MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New international student immigration routes open early MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Loans Company calls on students in Wales to prepare for payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Loans Company calls on students to get ready for payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Loans Company ready to handle changes in circumstances and late applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Improving Student Loans Company service for customers in repayment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Clearing the myths on student finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Loans Interest Rates and Repayment Threshold Announcement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Man who repeatedly stabbed student on a Loughborough street in jail for longer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 8 things you should know about your student loan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student finance through the pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student Support in England MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Returning students given more time to apply for student finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Part time students in Wales can apply now for student finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Apply for part time and post graduate master's student finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SLC extends student finance deadline for full-time, returning students in England and Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Students in Wales encouraged to apply now for student finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Message from David Wallace, Deputy CEO of the Student Loans Company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Students in England encouraged to apply now for student finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Student loans - data science case study MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Guidance on contacting the Student Loans Company MoD News 0
mitch30055614 Reserves as a student job (ex-regular) Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 10
MoD_RSS Peter Lauener appointed Chair of the Student Loans Company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh students invited to apply now for student finance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS £1 million for innovative student mental health projects MoD News 0