Numbers.

#1
Its been a really boring Sunday morning, so i though I would have a look at the site membership (anyway i like number crunching)

The following have been rounded, so they are not exact, but close enough

membership 5435 (Mods 0.4% - Admin 0.04%)

%..........No Posts
40.........0
32.........1-5
20.........6-50
06.........51-300
02.........300+




editied due to format being changed when posting
 
#2
Mikh you are going to get stats like that from almost ANY forum on the web with the kind of membership that we have :)

A vast majority of any membership will always be those that either only use the site for reference or to post very rarely.

This is neither new or sensational i'm afraid.
 
#3
Like I said Lamri, I am bored, and I like number crunching, just thought that some would like to see them.

Oh by the way it equates to an average of 40.67 posts per member
 

chieftiff

War Hero
Moderator
#8
mikh said:
Like I said Lamri, I am bored, and I like number crunching, just thought that some would like to see them.

Oh by the way it equates to an average of 40.67 posts per member
It's probably worth removing the 40% of members who have never posted and dividing the number of posts by the number of posting members to get a realistic "average" Over 15 million page views in 2007 so as Lamri points out there are obviously a lot of people who just come along to watch rather than join in......... a bit like footie!
 
#10
chieftiff said:
It's probably worth removing the 40% of members who have never posted and dividing the number of posts by the number of posting members to get a realistic "average" Over 15 million page views in 2007 so as Lamri points out there are obviously a lot of people who just come along to watch rather than join in......... a bit like footie!
Got to admit its always puzzled me a little, what is the point of joining an open forum without posting, when you can access it as read only without joining.
 

chieftiff

War Hero
Moderator
#11
mikh said:
Got to admit its always puzzled me a little, what is the point of joining an open forum without posting, when you can access it as read only without joining.
I'm not sure, I wonder how many people joined with one name and then rejoined with another to protect anonymity or joined expecting some sort of membership perk or joined because they thought some of the site was hidden to non-members?
 
#13
I joined,to keep up with the modern Royal Navy and read of my Royal Navy, hopefully to exchange a few dits etc

No longer post, as unless you are a member of the clique, your post is ignored,/not replied to,
Or if your opinion is different to the clique or like I, you do not have a degree in English literature, you will be torn to shreds
if not for the content then the Grammar/spelling

No longer worth the hassle
That applies for most forums, started by a clique, remains a clique
unless you have tits or something free to offer

Jack McHammocklashing RO9
 
#14
Jack_McHammocklashing said:
I joined,to keep up with the modern Royal Navy and read of my Royal Navy, hopefully to exchange a few dits etc

No longer post, as unless you are a member of the clique, your post is ignored,/not replied to,
Or if your opinion is different to the clique or like I, you do not have a degree in English literature, you will be torn to shreds
if not for the content then the Grammar/spelling

No longer worth the hassle
That applies for most forums, started by a clique, remains a clique
unless you have tits or something free to offer

Jack McHammocklashing RO9
JackMcHammock... Just ignore the offensive banter and carry on regardless. Speaking as a former shredded Rum Rationer! :eek:

PS: It took me 3 attempts to scrape through my English 'O' Level!!! :biggrin:
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Current Affairs 0
ex_wasp_L2 Diamond Lil's 6
flynavy The Quarterdeck 1585

Similar threads

New Posts