Number of views for threads not incrementing

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by Naval_Gazer, Jun 9, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's it really. I've given it a couple of days to see if they start again on 'Last 50' but they haven't. Any new thread shows 0 views and I assume the total isn't incrementing any further for old threads either. A casual observer would assume no one is looking at anything anymore.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, I've noticed that also. Not sure if it may have something to do with changes to site software, but vBulletin definitely has a few bugs. Hopefully BCO/GCO will see this thread & pass comment.
  3. Looks like they are not transferring across. This thread had 2 views showing against it in Site Issues, but zilch on last 50
  4. 700,780 views on the "Seeing to" thread. I thought all the pervs had stopped looking. It would also seem that the number of "guests" that peruse various threads ups the numbers.....this is especially so on the thread above and strangely enough - on the "One for Pontius" thread. I have noticed this on many occasions when checking out the "Who is on line" link via the RR home page.
  5. Bump. Threads started since beginning of June are still showing zero views so I assume they are not incrementing on older threads either.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Last I heard we were imminently moving lock, stock & two smoking barrels onto xen-foro software, same as ARRSE due to the pooh vBulletin software snags.

As work is ongoing for the switch, my guess is the post count on this software will not be on the radar on the "jobs to do" list.

Hopefully GCO/BCO will confirm....