'Nuclear Expert' John Lane and the large stench of bovine excrement

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Purple_twiglet, Sep 27, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Picked this up via the daily mail as apparently a T boat was struggling in the UAE having repairs.

In particular, I loved the lines:

"Something must have gone seriously wrong with her to port there now, publicly announcing her presence in the Gulf of Oman which is effectively a war zone in these troubled times.

'The lack of a surface support vessel or any Special Boat Service commandos in dinghies patrolling the waters around her, or a boom separating her from the rest of the harbour, suggests this visit was forced upon her.

'She has what seems to be an emergency electrical and ventilation hook-up from the quayside, with all of her hatches open.'

What was this muppets qualifications again?
  2. That would mean when I was on a T boat alongside out there in 2001 and 2002, the shore supply cables and shoreside air conditioning (the blue bit in the phot) meant we had snags then?

I was an ME onboard at the time and nobody told me we'd broken down.

Now that's what I would call sneaky running :D
    • Like Like x 4

3. Making a fuss of Left Wing Large will draw Left Wing Corbyn's attention to his attributes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
  4. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Submarine docks at long established Z berth shock.

The container barrier is a jetty security measure that applies to warships, auxiliaries and submarines. It doesn't hide the view from the other three sides so the 'what don't they want us to see' mongs are dribbling out of their hoops. Same old.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

DM missed a trick, there, didn't mouth on about nuclear missiles!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. My favourite piece of the article referred to the lack of SBS Commandos in Dinghies. It is a true sign of the times when the MoD is forced to cancel the annual SF Dinghy Regatta in the UAE. Budgets must be tighter than ever before.
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  7. I hardly think Jeremy Corbyn would bother with The Daily (hate ) Mails version of events
  8. I've posted on this muppet before; he is the classic "rentanuclearanorak" and relies on lazy journo's for a living. It's a classic format for any non-story about a UK submarine; write a load of bollocks and then use Large for an irrelevant quote to add **** all to the non-story!
  9. It's also well known that the STC provide waterborne support for deployed UK SSNs anyway, other UKSF cannot be trusted with such an important role
    • Like Like x 1
  10. NO,NO, NO -don't mention the STC - you'll have the fun police (no Names from this c/s) down on you like a ton of, well, something.

I too liked the bit about the blue tubing being used as a power supply. The man's a buffoon.

I wonder how much he gets paid for this drivel? Maybe I'll drop the Mail a line and offer my services.....
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

No chance of the Mail taking you on - you know what you're talking about which is an effective bar for employment with them. Also, their readership don't like articles that aren't written with edible crayon.
  12. Does Max 'I have a SAM medal' Hastings write for the Wail aswell ?.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I can do edible crayon..............