NSRT

Hi All,

I am aware that a huge proportion of the threads in this forum are about the NSRT, and I apologise for making yet another. I also am aware that I am completely over complicating things, but as I am sure you can all remember, I feel quite a lot of pressure to do well as this is my dream career!

So with regards to the NSRT, will I be given paper to note down workings? I have heard from some sources that the whole lot is on paper and there is a separate piece for workings, while one website said that the whole thing was on a computer? Obviously being able to jot down numbers while working out long multiplications etc makes life a lot easier, but I don't want to be preparing like that if I will be expected to retain the numbers in my head on the day.

Also in the booklet, I was given, the choices are all quite varied, which makes estimating in my head a much easier and quicker way of getting my answer. However online, all of the answers are very similar, and there is also an option for 'none of these' which means that you really do need to have worked out an exact number.

Regardless of my concerns, I am full of ambition and I look forward to hopefully serving with some of you in a few years time!

Cheers :)

photface

Lantern Swinger
Hi All,

I am aware that a huge proportion of the threads in this forum are about the NSRT, and I apologise for making yet another. I also am aware that I am completely over complicating things, but as I am sure you can all remember, I feel quite a lot of pressure to do well as this is my dream career!

So with regards to the NSRT, will I be given paper to note down workings? I have heard from some sources that the whole lot is on paper and there is a separate piece for workings, while one website said that the whole thing was on a computer? Obviously being able to jot down numbers while working out long multiplications etc makes life a lot easier, but I don't want to be preparing like that if I will be expected to retain the numbers in my head on the day.

Also in the booklet, I was given, the choices are all quite varied, which makes estimating in my head a much easier and quicker way of getting my answer. However online, all of the answers are very similar, and there is also an option for 'none of these' which means that you really do need to have worked out an exact number.

Regardless of my concerns, I am full of ambition and I look forward to hopefully serving with some of you in a few years time!

Cheers :)
I think you may be getting the NSRT that is used by the AFCO mixed up with the psychometric tests done at AIB (all on computer). The ‘none of these’ answer is (in my experience) for the computer tests at AIB. I didn’t come across it when I did my AFCO test.

The NSRT is completed on paper and there is a spare piece for workings, however, working as quickly and as accurately as possible is the way to go and leaving any questions you are not 100% sure of until you e done everything else is what I’ve read on other threads here.

Anyway, good luck!

-R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! Glad to hear that I have a bit more time to work on my mental arithmetic before it will be needed without workings and that I may be able to use the process of elimination to make my progress quicker :)

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ah, thanks for clearing that up! Glad to hear that I have a bit more time to work on my mental arithmetic before it will be needed without workings and that I may be able to use the process of elimination to make my progress quicker :)
Does this make sense to anyone?

Does this make sense to anyone?
I had just woken up lol, it makes sense to me :’D I have a bit more time to work on my mental arithmetic as I won’t need to answer questions without written workings until my AIB. Also, because there is no ‘none of the above’ option on the NSRT, it allows me to work out half the sum, aka I know 56 x 49 will end in a 4 because 6x9 is 54. Therefore if only one option ends in a 4, I can be certain that that is the correct option. Sorry for my lack of clarity!