NSMBOS process and timescale

CG104

Hi guys

I'm new to the forum. I'm currently a serving bootneck (Cpl) and I was diagnosed with asthma back in October (2019) and I've been downgraded ever since.

I've been told I'll be going to NSMBOS, and it usually is around the 12 month mark from when I was first downgraded. I've been told that as a GD RM, it is likely that I will be discharged. It took a while but I've come to terms with this (I think!).

My questions are:

- Is the 12 month mark when the board actually sits, or when I get referred to the board (and if so how long does it take to sit the board after the referral)?

- I am getting married in the following April. I planned on wearing my blues, the corps has been a big part of my life and it would mean a lot to me. Regarding terminal leave, resettlement etc, how much time will I have before my TX date and is it likely that I'll be able to wear my blues if the board sits on October/November?

- What is the general process for NSMBOS?

Many thanks,
CG

NSMBOS is an interesting beast. Are you in Haslar Coy, or still in Unit? If the latter, I'd push for a proper sit down with a medical officer who should be able to give you much better timelines.

if you're in Haslar, your Tp Cdr is the person to make contact with.

As for your Blues - you served honourably, I see no reason why you couldn't wear them.

CG104

Thank you for the speedy reply, greatly appreciated.

I'm still at unit, although I'm MND, my biff chit is clear and I'm allowed to do everything but get deployed. I'm due to speak to occupational health in the next couple of months which I'm sure would provide insight.

I'm just trying to get ahead of the game so I can plan my life for the near future. Never thought I'd be in this position Haha!

Thank you for the speedy reply, greatly appreciated.

I'm still at unit, although I'm MND, my biff chit is clear and I'm allowed to do everything but get deployed. I'm due to speak to occupational health in the next couple of months which I'm sure would provide insight.

I'm just trying to get ahead of the game so I can plan my life for the near future. Never thought I'd be in this position Haha!
Hope OH can provide some help, and that your unit MO can do the timeline thing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Finance & Pensions 2
B Health & Fitness 8
S Health & Fitness 2