Nsmbos and Lump Sum Payment

SamWar

Hi so I know I'll be going P8 at my medboard in the new year on Tier 1 and the amount but can anybody tell me:-

How long after the board March (TX date will be end of July) that I will receive my lump sum? Is it straight after the board? Weeks after the board? Before or After my TX date? Years later (knowing the MOD probably after my death) :/

Any help much appreciated trying to plan my life but nobody seems to have a clue after you get the boot probably because nobody gives a hoot..... !!!

Thanks in advance
Frustrated Sam

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I don't know if it's the same time scale but when I left (not NMBOS, time done), the gratuity was meant to be in within 10 working days.

As it turned out (for me), JPAC cocked up and it took 6 weeks, but others got it within the 10 days.

SamWar

Was that 10 days after your TX date? I get a decision at the board then my TX date isn't for another 4 months so just trying to work out if it will be paid before my TX or after
Ta

grumpywurzel

Midshipman
Everything is calculated from the TX, when you go to the board you will get a brief from the guru on completion. They will tell you exactly when to expect the payment and the amount.
You should also get a compensation application form if your discharge is down to service reasons, the doc will arrange to see you at your home address and conduct an examination. If you are successful in the application, the your pension (if eligible for one) will be tax free and prescriptions for medication will be free (as long as its for treatment of the injury or whatever you are being discharged for)

vauxhall

Lantern Swinger
Hi so I know I'll be going P8 at my medboard in the new year on Tier 1 and the amount but can anybody tell me:-

How long after the board March (TX date will be end of July) that I will receive my lump sum? Is it straight after the board? Weeks after the board? Before or After my TX date? Years later (knowing the MOD probably after my death) :/

Any help much appreciated trying to plan my life but nobody seems to have a clue after you get the boot probably because nobody gives a hoot..... !!!

Thanks in advance
Frustrated Sam

An AFPS 15 Tier 1 lump sum can take up to 30 working days. It depends where, in relation to the pay run, that you leave. If you leave after your final pay run, the wait will be, on average, 20 working days. If you leave after the pay run, it could be up to 30.

The reason is that, for AFps 15, they need to work out exactly what your pensionable earnings have been before they can work out what your benefits are.