Nozzers! (documentary...)

whitemouse said:
mancitymick said:
.........at forest moor ......Mick
As an aside, is Forest Moor still in commission ?
I used to tender the stores accounts, in the dim and distant past.
Used be grand run ashore, what's it like now ? :)
Mick was my relief

its now NCS Forest Moor or DHFCS if you will

all thats left is the old site where they manned UKMACCS and did COMALS

The old HMS Forest Moor is still there and VT and military staff were using the Gym for football, but its in the hands of the local authorities who are considering making it some sort of secure Psychiatric Wing, obviously the rich locals are opposing the council

bunch of lovely guys and girls there who cover all aspects of HF comms and help out our finest at sea on a daily basis

Military wise there is a total of 4 people who make up the team

i'bve heard stories of the old days and i wish i got to see it in its glory

I am very new to this game but would love a DVD copy of the "Nozzers" programme. My daughter was a new entry QARNN in the class before the "Nozzers" entry and appears briefy in one of the shots. Please advise procedure to obtain a copy.
Finbin - Ex CMEA(P) 1955 to 1978

Jenwren

Lantern Swinger
thingy said:
For those of you interested in how nozzers were honed from raw rock into sculptured matelots from an earlier period (1959) see the BBC documentary "The Navy's youngest Sailors" on the dreaded G Spot! Copies used to be available from John Douglas, but now that he's crossed the bar, I suppose you'd contact the Ganges Association's Slops Room.

I got a copy last year from ebay, but if you go to John's website http://www.gangesworld.com/ - it is being maintained by his son James, and copies of the dvd are still available.
JW

Hi, I have been trying to obtain a copy of Nozzers for sometime. I was in basic training in Raleigh while it was been filmed. I would be greatful if you could supply me with a copy. Let me know what you want. Ta

arkroyal4469 said:
Hi, I have been trying to obtain a copy of Nozzers for sometime. I was in basic training in Raleigh while it was been filmed. I would be greatful if you could supply me with a copy. Let me know what you want. Ta
:biggrin:

PS: Where's Sgtpepperband when you need him? ;)

I would appreciate a copy of Nozzers if you still have one. I was one of the original pellow22 class it was filmed on! Been trying to get hold of a copy for years.

thingy said:
Ayton_Muppet said:
Have PM'd you Thingy
Thanks.
Thanks. I have just posted it today. It should reach you by Friday.

Annoyingquestions.... I will burn your copy later this week.

Yours aye

Thingy
Thanks very much Thingy. I really enjoyed the DVD. Donation made to Combat Stress as requested.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pandaplodder The Fleet 14
fishface Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T The Gash Barge 4