Now this is what I call a 'Gizzit'

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by finknottle, Aug 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Given to me last Saturday, aren’t I one lucky bastard still sealed and will remain so ad infinitum.

001.jpg

2. Is your ring piece still very sore?

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Finks, dont leave it sealed mate.

Open it, raise your glass and have a good slug the day the last British soldier leaves Afganistan.

• Like Like x 1
  4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Why not raffle it and donate the proceeds to a (Forces) charity?

5. Thanks for the suggestions.

SPB I think it was given to me so he would not be tempted after a few sherberts to crack it open so I dare not raffle it and Mrs F and I do our best where the RMBF is concerned. Having said that another one may be coming my way in a couple of months or so and it would be a cracking idea.

W_B It could be a very long time before that comes to pass but it's a grand thought.

6. [FONT=&quot]No fear as ample lubricant was delivered fully across the face of the collar.[/FONT]

7. How come you were at 45? You been raiding their bar whilst they're in Afg?! :D

8. That's a lovely thing to have, Finknottle.

I'm sure that there will be a suitable occasion when you can open it and share it.

If you were to take a wee dram now, what would it taste like? I can see that it is Highland Park but, to be honest, I'm not a whisky connoisseur and don't know what Highland Park tastes like.

I'm assuming that you would drink it neat, by the way.

9. It's a 40% abv single malt distilled on Orkney smooth and well balanced, I like mine with a wee splash of filtered water.

10. Finks, Just enjoy it the way you want. But do drink it

11. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Whilst it's appreciated the bottle may have financial value, It would be rather fitting to drink a tot to each subsequent Royal lost in Afghanistan, starting with:

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  12. The financial value is utterly irrelevant and the Royal who gave it to me is not back yet along with many others and I do wish that you should have thought more carefully before submitting your post. :cry:

I am well aware of the latest tragic loss see 'In Memoriam'.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  13. ====================================================

====================================================

There, there Finks,

No need to flash up at Nina Stroker:

Most of the regulars at RR will appreciate from whom/whence it came to be in your grubby mitt.

Perhaps if it had been the same brew but with the 'Houses of Parliament' sticky label your sentiments and enjoyment of it would have different, eh?

After all said and done 'tis only <<glop>>.

To all those those who have, are still and will - I can but echo N_S ......Cheers!

:wink:

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

My comments are intended as a mark of respect to the Corps, nothing more.

My sincere apologies if they are construed otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thanks for that N_S, I am a tad tetchy where the Afghan issue is concerned and I apologise for the short fuse.

• Like Like x 2
  16. finknottle, nice 1, gizzit?