Now this is what I call a 'Gizzit'

Thanks for the suggestions.

SPB I think it was given to me so he would not be tempted after a few sherberts to crack it open so I dare not raffle it and Mrs F and I do our best where the RMBF is concerned. Having said that another one may be coming my way in a couple of months or so and it would be a cracking idea.

W_B It could be a very long time before that comes to pass but it's a grand thought.

That's a lovely thing to have, Finknottle.

I'm sure that there will be a suitable occasion when you can open it and share it.

If you were to take a wee dram now, what would it taste like? I can see that it is Highland Park but, to be honest, I'm not a whisky connoisseur and don't know what Highland Park tastes like.

I'm assuming that you would drink it neat, by the way.

That's a lovely thing to have, Finknottle.

I'm sure that there will be a suitable occasion when you can open it and share it.

If you were to take a wee dram now, what would it taste like? I can see that it is Highland Park but, to be honest, I'm not a whisky connoisseur and don't know what Highland Park tastes like.

I'm assuming that you would drink it neat, by the way.

It's a 40% abv single malt distilled on Orkney smooth and well balanced, I like mine with a wee splash of filtered water.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Whilst it's appreciated the bottle may have financial value, It would be rather fitting to drink a tot to each subsequent Royal lost in Afghanistan, starting with:

It is with sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that Marine James Robert Wright, from Juliet Company, 42 Commando Royal Marines, serving as part of Combined Force Nad 'Ali (North), was killed in Helmand province, southern Afghanistan on Friday 5 August 2011.

More...
Cheers!

The financial value is utterly irrelevant and the Royal who gave it to me is not back yet along with many others and I do wish that you should have thought more carefully before submitting your post. :cry:

I am well aware of the latest tragic loss see 'In Memoriam'.

Last edited:
====================================================

====================================================

There, there Finks,

No need to flash up at Nina Stroker:

Most of the regulars at RR will appreciate from whom/whence it came to be in your grubby mitt.

Perhaps if it had been the same brew but with the 'Houses of Parliament' sticky label your sentiments and enjoyment of it would have different, eh?

After all said and done 'tis only <<glop>>.

To all those those who have, are still and will - I can but echo N_S ......Cheers!

:wink:

Bob

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Land Ops 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0