Now tell us something we don't know.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Stirling, Dec 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That’s interesting. I’ve never smoked and never will. Both my parents, though, used to smoke like chimneys. Another thing; my mum and dad only ever drank on holiday and at Crimbo. I never saw my dad anywhere near to being drunk. I, on the other hand, binge drink (by Government standards) at least twice a week. The experts must be right, again.

2. Its bollix, I smoked 60 plus a day until my heart attack, neither of my sprogs smoke.
    And when my kids were small they never ever saw me pissed, I always locked them in the cellar. Don't you?

3. It's more about how people are raising their children I would hazard. My parents smoke and drink but I was told I'm better off without it (the smoking at least). Due to having utmost respect for both of the old gits I consequently never bothered with it. Saw my Dad plenty of times drinking far too much and falling through clotheshorses and it wouldn't have been the first time I had to get him through to his bed :roll:

Too many parents don't seem to have any interest in instilling values and discipline anymore. Hitting your child as punishment is outrageous and will get your children lifted and you landed with an ASBO.

Get them tell't :wink:

4. I think physical punishments can be more or less suited to a situation depending on the person RO77. I was hit as a child, but I think it did me good. I can see that in some cases it has the opposite effect though.

5. Ditto, the only time I saw my old man with a wobble on was at my wedding. Also he smoked till I was 8, I only tried a couple at school, my brother who never saw him smoke is a heavy smoker.

Definition of an Exspurt; Ex= Has been Spurt= Drip under pressure :evil:

6. Should be soundly thrashed twice a day and thrice on Sundays, wether they need it or not. Never did me any harm :tongue3: