Now MPs can take their girlfriends on travel freebies, too

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, Dec 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: Now MPs can take their girlfriends on travel freebies, t

I thought the Parliamentary parasites always did, one way or another.

2. Re: Now MPs can take their girlfriends on travel freebies, t

Now MPs can take their girlfriends on travel freebies ... but of course they can. Why does this surprise anyone?

SF

3. Re: Now MPs can take their girlfriends on travel freebies, t

The Daily Mail said:
    "At present, the wives and husbands of MPs are entitled to claim the cost of up to 15 first class rail journeys each year between the House of Commons and their constituency homes.

Hmmm lets see... 15 first class travel warrants per year for the spouse of an MP to get to London and back... 4 economy class travel warrants per year for serving personnel to try and get home every once in awhile... sounds about right!

Just what are things coming to?

4. Re: Now MPs can take their girlfriends on travel freebies, t

Now we know why there is no cash in the kitty for our allowances anymore.

SF

5. Re: Now MPs can take their girlfriends on travel freebies, t

Talk about feathering ones own nest!!!!

Its disgusting,dont they think we wont notice such piss takes?I feel a letter to my MP coming on!

6. Re: Now MPs can take their girlfriends on travel freebies, t

Interesting that the Christian Church is silent on this issue yet so obsessed with blaming people like me for undermining marriage! :evil: If they really care about marriage, they should be campaigning to give service personnel the SAME leave entitlements as MPs where practical - or are MPs unmarried girlfriends more important that your wifes and husbands? :x :x :x