Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

November 16th 2020 intake

Seaisme

Hi . Just wondering if any one else has the intake date of 16th Nov 2020 at Raleigh, would be good to know . Also I am still awaiting my prnc date so it would be good to share where you are in the process.

crash_evans

War Hero
Hi . Just wondering if any one else has the intake date of 16th Nov 2020 at Raleigh, would be good to know . Also I am still awaiting my prnc date so it would be good to share where you are in the process.

56 years old? What’s your 2.4km time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldest_Nozzer

Midshipman
I doubt you will get a PRNC the way the country is at the moment .. my intake date is 7th Sept and I don't have a PRNC to do... I am a re-joiner but I doubt that will make any difference

El pusser

I’m scheduled to start Raleigh on the 16th of November. I’m supposed to be doing PRNC in late August, but I’ve heard they’re being cancelled. Not had confirmation from AFCO though.

Navynew

Right ok . Has that been confirmed for your prnc in August or just the AFCO saying he thinks it could be . Thanks

El pusser

I doubt you will get a PRNC the way the country is at the moment .. my intake date is 7th Sept and I don't have a PRNC to do... I am a re-joiner but I doubt that will make any difference
I’m a re-joiner, too. Was supposed to go back to Raleigh Jan 2020, in that case I wouldn’t have to redo PRNC, but because I’m going back in Nov 2020, I have to. Selection certificates only last a year, I think.

Oldest_Nozzer

Midshipman
I’m a re-joiner, too. Was supposed to go back to Raleigh Jan 2020, in that case I wouldn’t have to redo PRNC, but because I’m going back in Nov 2020, I have to. Selection certificates only last a year, I think.

I was originally supposed to go through the normal recruitment process, as I left a fair few years ago.
I was supposed to do the PRNC but my AFCO have said it has been waviered as well as my fitness test due to the old rona virus.
My fitness test will now be done "in service" at Raleigh
To be honest reading a few threads on here, it seems mixed messages that are being given to people.
I'm preparing for my PRNC and fitness test just incase something changes between now and September.

What you re-joining as?

Navynew

Hi . Just to confirm I am not re-Joining still very young will be 17 ish when i join. Just being careful about persec , .

Lilianjjc

I just passed my selection interview and wondered when i would be told my start date as i have been told i am skipping PRNC

Oldest_Nozzer

Midshipman
Yes I have passed fitness and medical I was told I only need to do a security check

For a guess as soon as you have completed the SC forms and they have checked them you may get a potential intake date sent through.
Your AFCO no doubt will be in contact with you regarding the SC to complete.
Bare in mind that the SC can take anywhere between 4-10 weeks, depending on individual circumstances, and the fact they are short staffed at present with all that's going on.
Might be worth sending your CA an email or phone call to see what's going on.

My advice... Be a patient :)

Lilianjjc

For a guess as soon as you have completed the SC forms and they have checked them you may get a potential intake date sent through.
Your AFCO no doubt will be in contact with you regarding the SC to complete.
Bare in mind that the SC can take anywhere between 4-10 weeks, depending on individual circumstances, and the fact they are short staffed at present with all that's going on.
Might be worth sending your CA an email or phone call to see what's going on.

My advice... Be a patient :)
Thank you, yes I was going to email them next week but just wanted to check as I know everything is different at the moment

Oldest_Nozzer

Midshipman
Thank you, yes I was going to email them next week but just wanted to check as I know everything is different at the moment

No problem :)

Everything is a little different with recruitment at the moment, and the Navy are trying to find the best and most responsible ways to keep it keep the intakes coming.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask I shall try and answer, if not I'm sure someone on here will assist.

Good luck

Trix5001

My son has just done his medical, eye test complete, been told to wait for the gyms to open to do fitness test. He's been told its looking like January 2021 as his entry date due to covid, initially was looking like Oct 2020.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil HMS Prince Of Wales To Arrive In Portsmouth on Saturday, November 16th 2019 The Fleet 6
MoD_RSS Spending Review to conclude late November MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applications for the UK Government’s Chevening Scholarships will close on 3 November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remembrance Day in Thailand: Sunday 8 November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS November Labour Market Statistics for Scotland 2015 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS November Labour Market Statistics For Scotland 2016 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK House Price Index for November 2019 MoD News 0
higthepig Navy News November 2019 The Quarterdeck 0
MoD_RSS November 2019 Price Paid Data MoD News 0
MoD_RSS November 2019 Transaction Data MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign flagged ships detained in the UK during November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Parole Board statement on London Bridge attack on Friday 29 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Operational Honours and Awards list November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Office statement on North Korea missile test, November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Vaccine update: issue 302, November 2019, virus special edition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 27 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sellafield Emergency Exercise – Wednesday 27 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary Statement on Hong Kong elections, 25 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Change of Ambassador to the Republic of Ecuador - November 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Ahmad to represent UK at G20 Foreign Ministers' Meeting, November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Pubs Code Adjudicator (PCA) Bulletin November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 20 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Secretary statement on Simon Cheng, 20 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Foreign Office Statement on Hong Kong - 18 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gaza ceasefire, November 2019: UK statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS: November 14 Ministerial meeting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 13 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS November Bulletin - published in error MoD News 0
MoD_RSS ESFA Update: 7 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President Trump: 5 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS PM call with President Sisi of Egypt: 5 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land at the Long Shoot, land north of Greendale Road, Nuneaton CV11 6EU (ref: 3217924 - 4 November 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: Pale Lane Farm, Pale Lane Fleet Hampshire (ref: 3204011 - 5 November 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Recovered appeal: land off Darnhall, School Lane, Winsford, Cheshire (ref: 2212671 - 4 November 2019) MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thomas Cook liquidation: letter to the Insolvency Service, 5 November 2019 MoD News 0
soleil Medics Rugby Challenge - Medical Students v RM - November 5th 2019 - Plymouth Albion RFC Sports and Adventure Training 3
MoD_RSS eAlert: 4 November 2019 - Woodland Carbon Guarantee launches and reassurance given for planting trees now MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Suffragen Bishop of Dudley: 4 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Contacting our London office on Friday 1 November MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Planned system maintenance: 11pm 31 October to 4 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remembrance Day in Thailand: Sunday 10 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK teams complete space weather mission study ahead of selection decision in November MoD News 0
sampost First Russo/Sino/SA naval exercise set for November International 8
MoD_RSS 1 November 2019: Update to the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) fees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Venezuelan applications for Chevening Scholarships open until 5 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Applications for Chevening scholarship will be accepted until 5 November 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS If your charity last did an annual return before 12 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government’s prestigious Chevening Scholarships Applications open until 5 November in Bangladesh MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Change of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to Nepal - November 2019 MoD News 0
C PDA 20th November 2019 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0