Not your average road trip

Discussion in 'Charity' started by Mongke's_Fist, Jul 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The countdown finally begins until our 11,000 mile road trip undertaken by three matelots from RNAS Culdrose to Mongolia (in a Nissan Micra I might add), it is 364 days until we set off on our quest to raise over £10,000 for three superb charities; The RNRMC, Heel and Toe children's charity and Operation smile UK.

If you would like to donate, you can do so through our website here: Donate | | Mongkes FistMongkes Fist on our website you can also find out more information about us and our expedition. We are also on Facebook and Twitter so please like or follow us to show your support.

For convenience, you can also donate to two of our charities by text, to do so:

For a
    donation to Operation Smile UK, text TUYM62 £5 to 70070. To donate to Heel and Toe Children's charity, text YLNB49 £5 to 70070. For a higher or lower amount, just change the sum. Easy! Thankyou.
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Sorry but, what's difficult in driving a car 11,000 miles?

I take it you can change a tyre and have worked out your fuel stops.
  3. It would be easy of we just circulated the motorways of Britain in a Lexus!

We will be driving a 1 litre, 10 year old Nissan Micra through Europe into Russia, through the Stans into Mongolia, these are some of the worst and most inhospitable roads on earth so there is a huge degree of challenge to it. We will be completely unsupported on the journey, it is just the three team members and the kit we are carrying.

We will have to ford rivers, cross ravines, traverse the Gobi desert and the Mongolian steppe all while maintaining our wholly unsuitable car and living out of it's boot for 4 - 6 weeks.

Think 'The long way round' except with a car designed for shopping and no support team. :)
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That's great Mongke. I personally wish you and your team the best of luck, and I hope you achieve your 10,000 fund on your road trip. Have a safe return, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!
    • Like Like x 3
  5. MF, Will you have mobile phone reception throughout your trip, do you think? Asking just in case you need to call the Mongolian version of the AA.
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

OK, best of luck mate.
  7. We have a satellite phone so we can send our blogs, photos and videos back to our website so people can follow us every step of the way, the Mongolian AA would be cheating however! If it breaks down, we either fix it or tow it!

Thanks, it's something different and we're hoping to raise a lot of money for some great charities.
  9. Whilst I publicly support your endeavour I hope that at least one of you dies horribly on the way.

The Rupert preferably :)
  10. You get no sympathy from me mate, I have to go to asda in a fuckin fiat. The AA send me money not to join.

Good luck to you fellows anyways.
    You can always get a cheap camel along the way, croydon maybe.
  11. That's nothing. I had to drive through Caernarfon the other day. Twice. Full of Welsh nationalist chav twunts.

Still, good luck guys.
  12. Pound to a pinch of shit you get stuck behind that pikey rummers and his tin tent crabbing along at 30 miles an hour.

You can't miss him (hopefully you taking a sniper along)), he's driving a fiat, is an efnik and will be wearing a flat cap and driving gloves.

Best of luck to you all (except Rummers obviously).
  13. How fuckin nasty is that.
    It defames all us black members of the ethnic caravan club, and anyway if he's going out in the outbacks of the far flung he better get used to following caravans. At least the shit in mine dont fly out from between my legs and land over your windscreen.
    I put most of my shit tidily on Jimbo's lawn.
    And I cant get a flat cap over the dreadlocks. The gloves make sure I don't leave fingerprints, well smudge marks over clean glass, that's all. And you white bastards been shooting us poor downtrodden blacks for years no change there.
    We in Africa are no longer third world, we been promoted of late, we are now developing nations.
  14. Hi guys. The team collect our official rally car from Nissan tomorrow. Exciting times. If you have some spare change lying around then it would go a long way in support of our great charities. Just text YLNB49 £2 to 70070 for HeelandToe or TUYM62 £2 to 70070 for Operation Smile. Thankyou.
  15. I have fancied doing the Mongol rally for a couple of years now, just need to find a couple of people which a set of balls... everyone i ask seems to think it's a silly idea driving a 998 mini to mongolia.
  16. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Good luck chaps. I will pray, daily, that you don't end up as slave boys in a yurt especially constructed for the chief hom of the Ulan-Buggerlugs tribe of the Mongolian steppes.
  17. Good luck guys. Don't forget, turn LEFT at France. If you end up in Korea you've gone to far.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  18. Good luck, may your God go with you.
  19. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Blackrat wrote
    The fist thingy on the motor's roof may send the wrong message. A safe return men, with no hoop stress.
    • Like Like x 1