Not sure when my interview is?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Whippetlurcher, Oct 24, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I admit I've been ridiculous here, but I'm not sure I was told the date of my interview on the phone. I was also told I'd be emailed an info pack with the date and what the interview would entail but I haven't received that.

Is there anyway to contact the AFCO tomorrow and find out? Is there any other way to find out when it is? I'm only desperate as I think it may be on Monday morning.

Sorry for being a complete tard and cheers for any help.

2. Ring them?

3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

You didn't use the data in the OP's post to clock* the major flaw in your suggestion.

*Sharper readers will see what I did there.

For the OP, go to the AFCO on Monday 0850 ( or 10 minutes before whenever they open) prepared to be interviewed. Even if you are early by days, they'll be impressed by your ( my) initiative when you explain why you turned up at the wrong but not late, time. What to expect at interview is written in these pages.

The Navy hates late, likes early. Five minutes early is 5 minutes too late.

Or if you are in luck, a real recruiter may offer better advice. He puts in overtime on this site and Navy recruitment will suffer when he hangs up his steaming bats for good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Assuming you have taken and passed the recruit test, the selection interview is next.

Your interview letter is usually emailed. As your careers adviser is usually allocated after the test, you will not have received an email from this address previously, so the odds are, if an email has been sent it isn't on your safe sender list or in your address book...which means the email will be in your junk or spam folder because it may have an attachment, if it's not visible in your inbox.

If you have not got an email, odds are your interview is not on Monday, so all you need do is give your AFCO a call between 08:30 to 09:00 Monday or just email the AFCO using the email address used to invite you to sit the recruiting test or rock-up on Monday as suggested by @Seadog .

5. Thank you both for the help. But Ninja's suggestion of checking the junk inbox is what helped. Buried amongst various 'Russian Teens' of questionable intentions was the email about the interview. I never thought it'd be in the junk as I've been emailed from the address before and it went to inbox. The interview is on Wednesday which has saved me the farce of turning up on Monday like a spaz. Cheers for the help again!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Good old Ninja. He's down with the kids when it comes to understanding the Internet dude.

LOL etc.

7. Just out of interest, what were the "Russian Teens" website addresses, just for research purposes obviously :cool: ;)