Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not receiving activation E-mail for candidate portal

flipperr

I've completed and returned my online application for the Royal Navy
and upon completion it sets up an online account/portal to keep track of progress.
before being able to sign into the portal, I was sent an 'activation email'
It said it may take a little while, but it's been 6 days and I haven't received this activation email, I've requested to re-send the email
and still nothing. I have triple checked my email address is correct and that it hasn't ended up in my spam folder
I'm still able to get other emails from the Royal Navy (recruitment ads) so there must be a line of contact

I rang the helpline, and they've tried to figure it out but not got back to me
I'm just a little worried this has but a stop in the process for me and really want to get the ball moving

Just curious if anyone else has had this or similar problem?
I understand all I can really do is let the support team deal with it. It just seems really odd

....I rang the helpline, and they've tried to figure it out but not got back to me
I'm just a little worried this has but a stop in the process for me and really want to get the ball moving

I understand all I can really do is let the support team deal with it. It just seems really odd

Not quite the same but at 0515 today I rang 999 to report a raging housefire only 100m away. Was Informed by a disinterested operator that Units were on their way having been despatched 3 mins previously - Excellent service despite these unprecedented times so -

1. Keep chasing that helpline.
2. Get your AFCO on the case.
3. Persuade @soliel to uptake your case (she might even ring those numbers for you :WINK: ?? )

If all else fails the time honoured unofficial RN advice is to slash wrists & turn in - Ask Alpha Charlie, he does it all the time & he's been outside for absolutely ages.

'Bye and best of luck until some sober grown-ups arrive to reply

Alfacharlie

War Hero
Not quite the same but at 0515 today I rang 999 to report a raging housefire only 100m away. Was Informed by a disinterested operator that Units were on their way having been despatched 3 mins previously - Excellent service despite these unprecedented times so -

1. Keep chasing that helpline.
2. Get your AFCO on the case.
3. Persuade @soliel to uptake your case (she might even ring those numbers for you :WINK: ?? )

If all else fails the time honoured unofficial RN advice is to slash wrists & turn in - Ask Alpha Charlie, he does it all the time & he's been outside for absolutely ages.

'Bye and best of luck until some sober grown-ups arrive to reply
Yeah.
Or maybe consult BR 5675336. Chapter 99.

soleil

War Hero
I've completed and returned my online application for the Royal Navy
and upon completion it sets up an online account/portal to keep track of progress.
before being able to sign into the portal, I was sent an 'activation email'
It said it may take a little while, but it's been 6 days and I haven't received this activation email, I've requested to re-send the email
and still nothing. I have triple checked my email address is correct and that it hasn't ended up in my spam folder
I'm still able to get other emails from the Royal Navy (recruitment ads) so there must be a line of contact

I rang the helpline, and they've tried to figure it out but not got back to me

Flipperr

I think that the Recruitment Team are working this weekend - they open at 10 am in the morning - I would give them one more try on the phone - 0345 607 5555. I'm not sure why you haven't received an activation e-mail.

crash_evans

War Hero
Flipperr

I think that the Recruitment Team are working this weekend - they open at 10 am in the morning - I would give them one more try on the phone - 0345 607 5555. I'm not sure why you haven't received an activation e-mail.

This! Apologies for my tardiness. Give your local AFCP a call of it all go Pete Tong. The number is on the RN Website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sumo

War Hero
Think you have problems, the Internet wasn't invented when I joined up, neither where mobile phones, had to wait on postman.

Midshipman
Hi can you let me know if you've received your activation email because the same thing has happened to me, I called the helpline but still haven't received it.

So if you have received yours please let me know as I don't know what to do.

soleil

War Hero
Hi can you let me know if you've received your activation email because the same thing has happened to me, I called the helpline but still haven't received it.

So if you have received yours please let me know as I don't know what to do.

Have you been in touch with your local Royal Navy Careers Advisors?

Midshipman
No, I just called the helpline again and they gave me a few instructions to do I will try those and if it doesn't help then I will make sure to call my local afco.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS UK Government further boosts chances of UK receiving COVID-19 vaccine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government further boosts chances of UK receiving COVID-19 vaccine MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Defence Secretary welcomes Ukraine receiving NATO Enhanced Opportunity Partner status MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Farmers in England begin receiving payments today for 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Monarch Airlines – receiving your protective award payment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Thousands more school children receiving a nutritious breakfast MoD News 0
Karlish Time scales between interview and receiving dates Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
scouse Bismarck receiving first torpedo.rare photos The Fleet Air Arm 3
H receiving your dolphins Submariners 30
MoD_RSS Activation letter for the PSPRB 2020 Northern Ireland pay round MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Activation letter for the PSPRB 2020 England and Wales pay round MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Activation of Bellwin Scheme and cash boost for Whaley Bridge MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Royal Mail to collect COVID-19 test kits 7 days a week MoD News 0
soleil Daily Mail: "Proud Dad Gordon Ramsay Reveals Son Jack, 20, Has Joined The Royal Marines" The Corps 5
soleil NWE Mail: "Barrow Built Submarine Becomes Inaugural Winner Of A New Royal Navy Commendation" Submariners 2
MoD_RSS Prime Minister's article in the Mail on Sunday: 17 May 2020 MoD News 0
soleil NWE Mail: "Submariner Memorial Appeal - Competition To Celebrate The RN Launched By BAE In Barrow" Submariners 7
soleil Mail: RM Found Face Down In Freezing Water During Beach Assault Exercise - Update The Corps 6
soleil Mail: "RM Chiefs Spark Fury By Offering £10,000 'Golden Hello' Payments To Former Commandos To Rejoin" The Corps 15
soleil Mail: HMS Defender Seizes £3.3m Haul Of Crystal Meth From Drug Smuggler's Dhow In The Arabian Sea The Fleet 3
soleil Mail: "Divers Uncover Guns, A Mop And Even Bottles Of Booze From British Warship HMS Invincible" History 10
soleil Mail: "Real-Life 'Rocket Man' Wearing A Jet Pack Launches From ... HMS Queen Elizabeth" The Fleet 8
MoD_RSS News story: Civil news: contacting the exceptional and complex cases team by e-mail MoD News 0
guns1969 Un-solicited Mail Diamond Lil's 10
soleil Mail: "First Of RAF’s £9 Billion Stealth Fighter Fleet To Land On HMS Queen Elizabeth During Trump Visit In July" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil D. Mail: "Royal Marines Stage Dramatic Landing On Scottish Shore" The Corps 1
soleil NW Evening Mail: "Watch A Video Of The Wreck Of The Barrow-Built Sub Holland 5" Submariners 0
soleil Mail: Royal Navy Keeps Old Offshore Patrol Ships It Was Due To Retire For Post-Brexit Coastline Protection The Fleet 1
soleil Mail: "CDS Threatens To Block Promotions Unless Officers Improve The 'Inclusivity And Diversity' Of Their Units" Current Affairs 24
MoD_RSS Speech: Defence Secretary Op-Ed for the Mail on Sunday on mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Defence Secretary Op-Ed for the Mail on Sunday on mental health MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Improved mail service ensures loved ones can stay in touch MoD News 0
photface DGW Mail Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 3
MoD_RSS News story: MOD and Royal Mail sign new agreement to keep personnel connected MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD extends its free mail service for Defence Personnel MoD News 0
G Daily Mail caught lying again. How long can they get away with it? Current Affairs 31
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Mail pledges support for Armed Forces Covenant MoD News 0
wave_dodger Daily Mail does it again Current Affairs 103
S Daily Mail - redundancy mess up. Current Affairs 11
soleil NW Evening Mail: Falklands Veteran Sub Leaves Barrow And Embarks On Her Final Voyage Submariners 3
soleil Mail: "The Return Of Britain's 'Top Guns': Royal Navy Recommissions Training Squadron The Fleet Air Arm 11
soleil Mail: "Britain's 'Invisible' Stealth Fighter That Has Cost The Taxpayer £1.3 billion" The Gash Barge 10
soleil Mail: "Antiques Roadshow Object Solves 40-year Puzzle Of How 280ft RN Submarine Sank" Submariners 9
sgtpepperband Daily Mail Wail Fail Current Affairs 15
soleil Mail: "Enemies Beware: Royal Navy Shows Off Its Latest Radar System" The Fleet 8
soleil Mail: "Battle Of The River Plate Monument To Be Unveiled Today" History 10
soleil Mail: "Navy's Gibraltar Stand-off With Spanish Patrol: Warship Challenges 3 Ships" Bases / Shore Est 0
soleil NW Evening Mail: "Huge Piece Of Submarine Dwarfs Barrow Road" Submariners 0
soleil Mail: "BehinD The Scenes With The British Pilots Learning To Fly F-35 Fighter Jet" The Fleet Air Arm 5
soleil Mail: 'RN Veteran Finally Receives His Medals, 64 Years After They Were Lost In Post' History 3