Not missed much then

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by fcuk my tall hat, Dec 16, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Think the Mods have destroyed the thread and taken away the maverick members of the thread which actually gave it the mess deck humour.
    Well done
  2. I thought you were going, never to come back?
  3. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

What thread? What have the mods done now that has incurred the wrath of stan (wasn't that a star trek film?)...
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. khaaaaan.jpg
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Stan, there are still plenty of members on the site to banter with , here's an idea ASK some of the serving members some Q's on TODAYS navy. I know your daughter is in the mob but maybe she is a tad busy to post , there are a fair few others who look in every day who would be only too willing to impart their knowledge on ships , boats , deployments and everything else mob. Site cannot survive on just dits and funnys much as some would like.
    I look forward to posts from Monty , Northan Matelot , ATG , JWR Lynch, PT , Wave Dodger and others in CA and Fleet , Branches etc when they crop up, so give the site and its members a chance.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

You've been missed even less than that your massive majestic importantness.

Checks lat and long- it's in Lil's.
  7. Site has helped me in that it has always been there 24/7 since I joined in 06, we will never get back to those early years but as long as we keep chugging along with the regular posters I think we have a future.
    Now if I can find a way to put a weekly DOS on faceache and twatter we could be a bit busier. :rolleyes:
  8. Got my wife, daughter and the dogs , got my fishing and shooting. Lots of memories had time to ponder and was going through a very bad time, sorry guys Happy New Year.
    Respect and regards
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Have a good new year Stan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Stan,

Keep up the good work. This site is a conglomeration of people (conglomeration??) - those that are serving,
    those that have served, fucking walts, mental cases, serious head-ons, miserable fact it really
    shouldn't be any other way.
    Me and mine are having a hard time accepting and dealing with some horrible news from overseas
    right now (Australia). Her sister (been out there for more than 30 years) has been diagnosed with
    terminal lung cancer...never smoked a tab on her life, and don't deserve this. Now the prognosis is
    5-6 months so Christmas was effectively cancelled and was a somewhat muted affair. I'm shifting
    Heaven and Earth to get the wife out there, but her sister has all but insisted that she does not go out
    and just stays in contact via phone/skype. Here's me, moaning about life - smoked ever since they
    chucked fag stamps at me in Raleigh and I'm going to be around for next Christmas. Sometimes
    life sucks, and sometimes it sucks even worse. Posting drivel on here sort of keeps me from going
    into a tail spin and I go home and treat every day in as normal a way as is possible given the
    circumstances. All the decorations have gone/been stowed and the Christmas tree went last week....
    in fact she did it whilst I was at work. Took entire tree (£39.99) and tree stand (£19.99) and plonked
    it out in the back service lane.
    I bet her a quid that it would be gone by the time I finished the day shift and whaddya know.......
    it had vanished.
    So - let's all keep on top of things - look after those that are loved and smile, crack a joke and do
    something good at least once a day....even if you don't get any Brownie points for it.

All the best to everyone for 2015,

Mac and Karen.
  11. My thoughts are with you shit times and trying to cope, what can I say to ease the pain, no platitudes life is raw and I fcuking hate it I just got Wifey and my matelot Babba.
  12. I awoke to the main broadcast alarm in March 2003 6 miles off the Iraq Al Fahwr Penninsular, 2 Seakings 849B had collided and during the next 3 days took my mates bodies to the ChilliCon at the back of the hanger, the next week was preparing them for repatriation home, it was smelly and distasteful but they were my mates. The smell of death was in my No4s for weeks.
    I sent them home prepared their bodies dressed the coffins and gave them my respect
    Also in the ChilliCon were 4 bodies we'd picked up from elsewhere Iranian fishermen.
    Not even mentioned the South Atlantic in 82
    If you've done it respect if not
    Don't ever patronise.
  13. And you're a knob of the finest order
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The detrious of death is fcuking horrible, it visits you at night in the quiet times, don't wish it on anyone but Fcucking fcuking hate some of you sarcastic patronising pricks, Twiglet and that Seadog cock Ballistic an equal ponce. Rant over you twats couldn't lace my bats
  15. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

The detrious of death is indeed horrible but is a fact of life. Today is the third anniversary of the death of my younger brother from throat cancer, and in the end a whole load of other cancers.

Sitting by his bed watching him drift away was not the best time of my life, certainly the hardest thing I have ever done.

My point, as I have never brought this up before, is you are not the only person to have watched the Grim Reaper at work but it is still messing you up.

Again, something I rarely do, is to give some advice which you can take or leave as you feel fit. My advice is to find someone that you are comfortable with and talk this out of your system. If you don't want to take my advice, fine. If you do and want some ideas, PM me, in the nicest way of course.

Over to you.
    • Like Like x 3
  16. AG know how you feel I have lost several members of my family it was controlled measured and dignified, my boys had no such dignity, dirty messy, smelly my shipmates I should have protected them I failed, I will take it to my grave
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Mate love and respect, every fcuking day is a struggle, checked Internet for suicide but a coward really, and I love my family.
  18. You need help. Safeguard.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. rival sons when you know we're I've been check it out