Not meeting the needed grades?

To become an RFA Deck officer it says I would need a B in maths but say I pass my AIB and all other tests would I still be refused entry if I didn't get the needed grade and for example got a C or would it be reviewed on a case-to-case basis?

Lots of options for you.
Improve existing grades. Gives you greater career options in RN or RFA.
Accept Merchant Navy 'may' accept lesser grades.
If your young enough and I suspect you are. Go for a crash course in your shortcomings and go for what you want to do.
Later in life you will only regret not going for the better job simply because accepting a career requiring lesser grades.
Oh to be young again and have choices. Only you can make the decisions but as they say in the films!! 'Choose wisely'.

Okay I know it seems like i have changed through about 5 different roles but I really am appreciative of the advice, I will probably make the grade B in maths if I try so I will go RFA if I have the opportunity to or maybe rating roles if i do not, such as the ones i discussed in a earlier thread talking about Aircrewman

Okay I know it seems like i have changed through about 5 different roles but I really am appreciative of the advice, I will probably make the grade B in maths if I try so I will go RFA if I have the opportunity to or maybe rating roles if i do not, such as the ones i discussed in a earlier thread talking about Aircrewman
Being an aircrewman isn't such a bad life. Now you can go DE its even better I believe. As an ex aircrewman of the old school I can testify it is a job that will stretch you. When not doing your flying bits you can be found preparing lectures, giving them or taking part in lectures. It will stretch you mentally and physically.
By the way, I wasn't being sarcastic in my previous post. You seem to have a career vision and are researching options. Very wise.

This forum was correct about how the Army would try to taint my vision by suggesting large paychecks in a short amount of time and how I would travel the world and make friends it was rather comedic, not to be offensive how it seemed they were so desperate for new recruits. @Waspie Are the navy actively recruiting Aircrewman or is it a waiting list role where I may wait 2 years for an opening.

you can do some HNC/HND courses with 4 GCSE including maths english. You would be sat in the same class as RFA cadets and get the same qualifications

This forum was correct about how the Army would try to taint my vision by suggesting large paychecks in a short amount of time and how I would travel the world and make friends it was rather comedic, not to be offensive how it seemed they were so desperate for new recruits. @Waspie Are the navy actively recruiting Aircrewman or is it a waiting list role where I may wait 2 years for an opening.
Re Aircrewman. Message or grab Ninja. He's in the know regards trades that are recruiting and who aren't. Its a bumpy road, medicals and selections etc. But if you make the grade you will know your medically sound and joining a grand profession. I have many a aircrew bud who used the Aircrewman branch as a stepping stone to pilot or Observer. (Many probably will now be flying you on your hols via BA or Virgin etc).
I can't imagine there being many intakes annually for crewmen.

Matt, although I may look at the Merchant navy in future prospects I would really like to stay close to the Naval service (RFA, Royal Navy) thank you for the suggestions though.

Seadog

War Hero
To become an RFA Deck officer it says I would need a B in maths but say I pass my AIB and all other tests would I still be refused entry if I didn't get the needed grade and for example got a C or would it be reviewed on a case-to-case basis?
If by 'RFA Deck Officer' you mean 'Cadet' you would not be considered let alone be forwarded to AIB until you had the B grades or acceptable alternative.

The grade requirement is set by the sponsoring company. If their experience is that there are more academic drop outs among those with C for mathematical subjects than B and above, they may raise the requirement. What the college accept has nothing to do with it-they are not paying. Nonetheless it seems that most commercial companies will accept applicants for cadetships with C. The RFA want a minimum of B. It's the taxpayer who loses when RFA cadets drop out.

Hard sums are hard.

Latest Threads