Not getting rid of the RAF

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by JonnoJonno, Aug 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Horses mouth just now, there will be no merger or disbandment of any of the three services.

What a waste of a perfect opportunity to rid ourselves of the 100 year experiment.
  2. bugger! if they did get rid of them then i would get out of this place quicker and get away from the sideways walking easyjey check in mongs in dull grey nylon uniforms
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

At least it still gives us someone to take the p1ss out off.
  4. Shit will still roll down hill, we'd just have had to shift target to the pongos.
  5. wet_blobby

Pongos can do counter battery fire, the RAF just gets miffed then goes out and bombs the wrong target. :)
  6. Bollocks. I was really looking forward to my TA unit getting a couple of Tornados.
  7. wet_blobby

You never know 2DD, you may get a couple of crack rockmonkeys to teach you how to be a top notch dealer of under achievement with maximum over spend.
  8. Steady on lads.
    I think tha RAF is worth every penny.

Pound for pound they produce more laughs than the best of the BBC Light Entertainment Programme days.
  9. I don't know mate, we've got that pretty much down to a tee already. :lol:

The TA is full of fat fcuking wasters who just turn up for their bounty, we try to weed them out of my unit but a few still manage to slip through the net. I'd say nearly half of the entire TA strength view it as a hobby and have absolutely zero intention of ever doing a tour. Out of the other half who do go on tour, half of them are keen as fcuk but in a Gareth from the Office kind of way. They basically end up being a liability and doing more harm than good.

Like I said, standards are a little higher at my place, 473 years of refinement has honed our selection process to get rid of the majority of fcukheads, but on the odd occasion when I have to encounter 'normal' TA, on the whole, they are a fcuking embarrassment.
  10. I had to read that twice.You just described the RAF :D
  11. On Sky News tonight they mentioned that after the SDSR the RAF would be smaller than it was in World War One.

If this is true then surely it means that they will be disbanded as the RAF didn't really exist in WWI!!!???
  12. Well actually, the Air Force was formed in April and ease springs wasn't ordered until November. Also, for several tens of years the Air Force has been numerically smaller than it was in 1918.
  13. Perhaps they might just be pondering the wisdoms of obsorbing the FAA & AAC into the RAF and having all the flying type things/people all in the same uniform.
  14. Get over to E-Goat, Traitor!!!! :?
  15. Ah, but would they still be practiced in 'dentology' and the other black arts associated with taking off from a pitching ship, flying over the featureless sea with no motorways or railway lines to follow, and then landing on again, often in pitch blackness?