Not for me

Badgeman
Perhaps you should just introduce a tuition loan fee system, which is written off after the return of service. It would be better than most student loans which are paid off over a lifetime. That way the navy could amass the sort of sums of money being amassed by universities and only pay the fees of those who contribute to the service?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Perhaps you should just introduce a tuition loan fee system, which is written off after the return of service. It would be better than most student loans which are paid off over a lifetime. That way the navy could amass the sort of sums of money being amassed by universities and only pay the fees of those who contribute to the service?
That would probably be the fairest system. I think it costs about £7k to process an RN candidate up to entering the gates of HMS Raleigh to commence initial training.

Not sure how much RN training costs up until completion of phase two training, but Royal Marines Commandos cost about £100k a head to train, I believe.

fishhead

War Hero
That would probably be the fairest system. I think it costs about £7k to process an RN candidate up to entering the gates of HMS Raleigh to commence initial training.

Not sure how much RN training costs up until completion of phase two training, but Royal Marines Commandos cost about £100k a head to train, I believe.
Must be all that yomping through the beautiful Devon countryside. Or the cost of evening gowns have rocketed.;)