Not a good day for Zuckerberg/Facebook

Discussion in 'Bloody Computers' started by WindowLickerScribe, Feb 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Facebook sued over 'like' button

Bit of a conundrum for Facebook, just by reading the little information contained in the article.

I'm torn if I would like this to win. I'm bemused why they waited so long to file the claim, unless it was a last resort, but at the same time I'm very curious just how much Facebook would actually be liable for in the event that the claim is successful.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I'd hit the "like" button but that might be a bad thing....... oops
    • Like Like x 2
  3. The world is going slightly mad, another example of greed and not having to get off your backside to earn it.
  4. Ah, but apparently there was already had a patent on such a technology, which means that it was Facebook which didn't get off their backside to earn it. The news alone has wiped another few million off the share listing, so I wonder if there's going to be a dot com bubble burst version 2.0.
  5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

What, turning a profit through nicking someone else's idea or turning a profit from suing the thief?

The world may well be going mad. People living their lives on line, some no mark's 'tweet' making headlines, Facebook 'friends', walking/cycling/swimming and texting, smart phone Internet surfing in a restaurant (fine if you are solo but not FFS in company.)

I hope all this social media shite comes to an end and the sanity of those who were once sane returns.
    Sent from my Jap's Eye Phone from the southbound hard shoulder of the M6 doing 130.
    • Like Like x 2