Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Richie, Sep 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, just been overflone by a Merlin (EH101) right here in the Haute Vienne) not sure what squadron - just stood there and cheered missus thought I was daft ............ just said "wipe your eyes, it's not stand easy yet".
  2. Nostalgia, aint what it used to be...

3. A few merlins flew over my house a few weeks ago, it was pretty cool.
  4. Same aircraft different results.
    To Richie it was nostalgic
    To Sentanashi it was cool

So does this mke it a multi purpose aircraft. :w00t:
  5. I'm not like that withe Helo's cos they fly over my house all at the time living not too far from Culdrose but I get the same seeing my olds ships still floating or alongside in mothballs
  6. Tommo, same with us at the ancestral east Cornwall home,(when we are back that is), Jets, hercs and choppers use Caradon and Kit hill as markers on there way to and fro Culdrose..........
  7. On the Merlin theme. I was over flown by one this afternoon. Looked like it had been to Marchwood. Well I was in deepest darkest New Forest, just south of Stoney Cross.

Then lo and behold another heading west .

Just like buses!!!! You don't see one for ages then -
  8. stoney x, ahhhhhhhhh brings back happy memories that place does
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

10. Perhaps of more interest to the crabs, but Mrs M. and I were sat in the garden having a glass or three to celebrate our 52nd wedding anniversary, when a thunderous noise overhead turned out to be a Lancaster, wheels down, on it's approach to Elvington airfield (about a mile away ATCF). Probably something to do with the fact that we share our anniversary with Battle of Britain day!
    Wonderful sight and sound though!

11. 52nd? Blimey, I lasted about 6.

Congratulations :thumright:
  12. Not to worry Guzzler, that gives you a second chance! I'm in for the long haul, Mrs M. returned yesterday from "dahn sarf", where she has been looking out for her Mum for a couple of weeks. Coming up to 98 and determined to have a card from the Queen.

13. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Bloody hell 2badges how old is her Mum? :dwarf:
  14. You beat me to it DB!! You are obviously as sad as me!! :thumright: :thumright: