Nose piercing?

JoelyJoel

Hi guys kinda new, I’m 16 and currently joining the RNR while at college. Was wondering if general entry ratings were allowed nose studs? Wasn’t sure where to post this aha also I’m a guy idk if that matters or not.
Cheers -J

Is this @JoelyJoel aware that traditionally (when sewing up a dead shipmate in his hammock prior to burial at sea) the RN Sailmaker's final stitch would, to verify lifelessness, be through a deceased's sailors nose?

I'd imagine that a pre-pierced nose would obviate that otherwise potentially painful final confirmation of death.

But, OTOH, in the words of Sgt, Wilson LDV: 'Do you really think that's wise, young sir?

BillyNoMates

War Hero
A shiny little trinket in ones septum is going to get lovely and hot, should you experience the delights of being in a major fire.
I would let the hole(s) heal up and just exist with the standard amount of cavities that us human beings are issued with in the first place.

slim

War Hero
Nose piecings if in the form of a ring are perfect and all new entries should have them.
It makes life so much easier for the instructors to be able to chain all the recruits in a line and lead them to where they should be.

Anchor Faced

Lantern Swinger
Hi guys kinda new, I’m 16 and currently joining the RNR while at college. Was wondering if general entry ratings were allowed nose studs? Wasn’t sure where to post this aha also I’m a guy idk if that matters or not.
Cheers -J
Sad BR answer incoming: RNR face the same uniform standards, can be found online, see below.

"Apart from wristwatches and cuff links where appropriate, no jewellery, friendship bracelets or visible chains (including bracelets, necklaces andanklets) are to be worn with uniform...other than those items detailed at Para 3817 sub para c above, no form of jewellery is to be worn on the body."

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
@JoelyJoel
I had plenty of body piercings (including nose) while serving (RN) . I also led a fire fighting team during an actual fire in the Fwd switchboard on a warship. So all the bollocks about it heating up and killing you is exactly that. A load of bollocks.
As long as you can remove your nose piercing while on duty with the RNR, I wouldn't worry about it. Just replace it after you've attended.
It's a perfectly reasonable question to ask, don't worry about all the PSOF getting their stained knickers in a twist about tattoos and body piercings.

Sumo

War Hero
@JoelyJoel
I had plenty of body piercings (including nose) while serving (RN) . I also led a fire fighting team during an actual fire in the Fwd switchboard on a warship. So all the bollocks about it heating up and killing you is exactly that. A load of bollocks.
As long as you can remove your nose piercing while on duty with the RNR, I wouldn't worry about it. Just replace it after you've attended.
It's a perfectly reasonable question to ask, don't worry about all the PSOF getting their stained knickers in a twist about tattoos and body piercings.
Weirdo you is, the ageing hippy, or Goth or just weird ;)

slim

War Hero
Nose oiecings are fantastic for Helo Pilots.
They attach a rope from the piecing to the survival pack built into the seat. Means they can use both hands in an emergency to exit the cab and the safety equipement will follow them out cos its attatched to the shonk!