Nos 1 Uniforms

Scouse_Scribes

Lantern Swinger
big, massive negative on that idea, the RN needs an identity more now than it ever did before and the best way of putting that over is jack wearing Nos 1s. I agree with the comments here about the nos 3 shirts, very practical, granted, but not a patch on half blues with a white front. Okay maybe you don't wear it everyday but when you put it on surely you can't deny a sense of pride? or maybe I'm just getting old

neppy

Badgeman
No1's was a good rig but whats this No5's the ones I knew as 5's was white shorts and white front and long blue socks and black shoes, senior rates had white socks and white shoes or 5AR's which were nos8 shirt and blue shorts and sandles

Best rig ever was when I was a young AEM at culdrose, PO air fitters all wore No 8's with a No 2's Jacket (Red Badges). Great big sideburns and a cap that could be folded up and stuck in your pocket.

In the days of KUA, so 8's allways had holes in them!!!!!!!

Is that blue jumper we wore under our rigs in winter instead of a white front still around or has that disappeared as well?

God they were bloody itchy!

rod-gearing said:
Is that blue jumper we wore under our rigs in winter instead of a white front still around or has that disappeared as well?

The old Black Front went out years ago Im afraid Rod.

I have still got my number 1's from donkeys years ago and although a bit tighter round the waist now they still look the dogs Bollox with the Dolphins on them still.
My lad reckons his No 1's are a lot easier to actually put on,and thats about all really compared to the old kit.
As for the white shirts and Navy tags,bring back the old Half Blues I say,much better rig,and Number 2 uniforms as well while were at it :thumright:

danny

War Hero
Nicks said:
rod-gearing said:

The old Black Front went out years ago Im afraid Rod.

I have still got my number 1's from donkeys years ago and although a bit tighter round the waist now they still look the dogs Bollox with the Dolphins on them still.
My lad reckons his No 1's are a lot easier to actually put on,and thats about all really compared to the old kit.
As for the white shirts and Navy tags,bring back the old Half Blues I say,much better rig,and Number 2 uniforms as well while were at it :thumright:

Lets waste even more money and scrap even more ships.

2badge_mango

War Hero
neppy said:
No1's was a good rig but whats this No5's the ones I knew as 5's was white shorts and white front and long blue socks and black shoes, senior rates had white socks and white shoes or 5AR's which were nos8 shirt and blue shorts and sandles

I must be well out of the loop then Neppy. That lot as described by you used to be No 10s (white shorts etc), 10As (No8 shirt, blue shorts, black stockings and shoes), and 10ARs (sandals in lieu of shoes and stockings).
Also 10AR negative shirt (usually accompanied by a snazzy straw hat - which was normal 'Windies rig')

Happy days!
2BM

chirp_single

Badgeman
If nos 1s are so great, then why do SR’s and Officers where a different uniform! If nos 1ns are so good admiral sir, then why don’t you have them as your uniform............cos they look gay!!! And people laugh at you, thats why!!!!!!!! Thank god, I do not have them.

Capn_Pugwash

War Hero
Old rules used to be, unmounted, unless you were "at court", ie, at the palace, where medals were "mounted" to stop them rattling.

No doubt someone who knows Dress Regs word for word will be along in a min to give us the latest gen.

And no, Ive never been at court, well not that one!

Dont think it has anything to do with how many.

I do know it is a lot cheaper to get them done unmounted, rather than mounted. (uses less ribbon)

Latest Threads