Discussion in 'The Corps' started by montfish, Nov 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Doining my first Norway in Jan with 45, any gen tips?
  2. take some mittens mucker and a scarf it gets quite nippy and don't pack any speedos, bermudas or sun tan lotion... u wont need em.
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Dont eat yellow snow.
  4. Sunnies on the other hand can be a welcome addition when the weather is clear. :glasses7:

And don't try to shag a moose,they're not as cooperative as a sheep(so they've told me)!
  5. wet_blobby

Pusser has taken care of that with the very stylish and fetching "flys eyes"

The kit you get issued for Norway is pretty good, just resign yourself to the fact that as you are will power turning down a slope on your trusty pussers planks some 5 year old fishead will come hurtling past with bags of grace and panache...the buggers.

I'd take a heafty hip flask, the beer is really expensive over there (not in the unit bar but ashore) it's always worth having some extra fluid with you for a run ashore. Dont bother trying to have a grab a munter night, there arn't any, the fisheads are funny as fcuk in a punch up...they slap you instead of punching...quality. :thumright:
  6. yea, i heard about the 'happy slapping' rule before - wierd!! should be good, xmas leave, norway deployment, leave, then straight on my juniors - happy days!!!
  7. Have you had your Anti Frostbite jabs yet?
    I'll get me coat. Enjoy your skiing on the Taxpayer and fire a schmuley at the Norges for me :dwarf:
  8. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Take out a loan; the beer is feckin' expensive... 8O
  9. You can have a dump in the middle of no-where and no-one will discover it for about 3 months :)
  10. sgtpepperband

Don't you just hate it when that happens..? :oops:
  11. wet_blobby

It's worse when your having a dump and your balance on your trusty shovel slips, so you automatically put your hand out to stop falling over and end up with snow up to your shoulder, half a brick hanging out of your arrse and five layers of undergarments wrapped around your ankles........get out of that without a huge skidmark on your silks..... =(
  12. sgtpepperband

Tactically I can see the dilemma; 'bum gravy' isn't very good camouflage against the snow, is it?! 8O :wink:
  13. Where else has heated pavements in Winter.... Visit Tromsø in December, and you CAN wear your trainers, plus a think coat!
  14. wet_blobby

Does a think coat convince you that your warm????? :dwarf:
  15. There are special folding frames with a seat and bag now that they take, fits nicely under the top flap of the bergan. :tp:

Oh dont forget your umbrella as you will probably get more rain than snow! Bloody global warming!!!!
  16. Ahh Tromsø!
    Went there on the Herald, packed loads of jumpers and big coats.
    It was effing 90 degrees!!
    Sunbathing by the lake, redders.

Came out of a nightclub there with a load of my mates, and went to queue at the burger wagon, one of my mates was accosted by some gorgeous bird. She actually said to him "I want to take you home and p155 on you"! He did a runner the mong, cue 12 pissed matelots all shouting "PickMe! Pick Me!" :D
  17. You then inseminate one and they then fleece you for 1/3 of your wages!!! Evil women!!!!!!!
  18. Is it january when your going?
  19. Yes, take your speedos, the Norges taught me to run out and roll in the snow frequently while having a sauna/steam bath.