North Korean Espionage Coup!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Der Alte, Jun 17, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Proof that the North Koreans have got their hands on the original scheme of complement plans for the Type 2400 Upholder Class SSK: a crew full of officers and chiefs; and one JR to clean it!

And here's their boat.......

The manager of the paint factory and three generations of his family are all now enjoying a (once in a) lifetime working holiday at one of Mr Kim's labour camps.
  2. I read the original article and it was nice to know that Kim taught the captain of the boat some navigational skills, wouldn't want one to stray into South Korean waters by mistake, that could start a war!!
  3. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Anyone else reckon that boat could dive (once)?

4. I reckon the two either side of "our great leader" are holding him so he can't run away!
  5. As the sun-dodgers used to say: "All ships can be a submarine, at least once!"

Surfacing.... well that may be the deal-breaker!
  6. I think he's just been shown what he really has to do to get his "dolphins":

- by day, No1 taxi driver for Trident Cabs plying between Helensburgh and Faslane;

- by night, dragging it up as "Fat Kim" and hanging out in the "Imps", chatting up Royal.....
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  7. Is there an article to go with this seen as its in current affairs?
  8. Don't the capabilities of the submarine arm of the PROK Navy qualify as "current affairs"?