Normandy 'Old Boy' Mugged.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Seadog, Mar 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

More here

BBC

And here

Avon and Somerset Police

This story is running on ARRSE where there are moves to get a collection going.

ARRSE Thread

It may be that Mr Barry is an ex marine. The Booties have already sent someone to see him with more to follow. Someone else needs a visit from Royal methinks.

Marine or pongo, Mr Barry is an old man and a veteran. He deserves better. Can anyone here help?

2. once they catch these mindless thugs they sholuld make them spend 3 years in the mob with an extended tour of raleigh basic training and then a 6 month tour of the adriatic.

Then and only then they might appreciate what these old veterans have done for us! and start to show them some respect

3. Bring back Corporal Punishment. Singapore has the right idea. Give them the birch!

4. To be quite honest I don't see why the Andrew should have to put up with people like that.

Perhaps sending them to Pakistan for a year or so to help rebuild the villages destroyed in last years earthquake may give them a trifle more respect for others and do some good in the process.

Peter

5. Yet another example illustrating how our society has gone down the scupper. When they catch him let's hope he is dealt with appropriately, dirty cowardly scum that he is.

6. If the old boy in question is an ex Royal, how about the boys from 42 or 40 Commando pay the thugs in question a courtesy visit to explain a few home truths?!?

These muggers are cowards, scum, oxygen thieves and need teaching a lesson. No good relying on Toady Blair to instigate some law and order as he could not organize big eats for woodpecker in Epping Forest.

Bring the birch, or string 'em up in a kit bag in the Mess Square with 'Hit me hard' written on it.

7. Seadog

I was suggesting help from any posters in the area, not a hundred and one cruel and unusual (but inadequate) punishments for offenders.

Whether or not Mr Barry is RM, Royal has already been in touch with him (according to a poster on ARRSE) though I'd suggest wishing for summary justice should be confined to fantasy (and prayers!).

8. [marq=left]***BREAKING NEWS***[/marq]

BCO is setting up Charity bank account over the weekend, so expect details of how to donate early next week.

Is anyone able to get hold of the Royal Marines who've been in contact with him and find out if they'd be able to work with BCO in order to get the funds we donate to Mr. Barry?

9. Sadly, I've seen this sort of thing before. In 1998, Retired US Marine Gen. Marion Carl was killed by an intruder in his Oregon home. Gen Carl was the Marine Corps first ace of WWII, and postwar, the first Marine helicopter pilot. He survived conflicts from WWII through Vietnam, only to be done in by a scumbag with a shotgun in his own home. I don't know what I can do from over here, but if there is any way I can contribute to Mr. Barrys' relief, I would be happy to do so.

10. Seadog

Update, Mr Barry is an ex marine, therefore is a marine. ARRSE Supremo BadCO has set up an account to collect for Mr Barry.

If you don't have one, set up a Paypal account and donate to

[email protected].

You don't have to be registered with ARRSE and Paypal is a piece of pi55 to set up and works from all stations, so Bootneck Yank can help too. Now that's brotherhood.

Keeping tabs on the amount raised here

ARRSE Charity-Mr Barry

11. Lympstone would be more appropriate than the holiday camp at Torpoint. Also a tour of Iraq thrown in, in Baghdad. Not a 'cheese and wine tour' of the Med.

12. Also until the Criminal Justice deals with the individuals in a robust manner they will continue to act like an undisciplined child.

The courts won't give out the desereved sentance that makes 90% of the yobs think their actions are not acceptable. I see it every time I get a Court result and then deal with the yob again and again!

13. Ladies & Gents,
    We're now at £280 which is a fantastic sign of how generous Rum Ration and ARRSE members are. I'll be closing this down this pm and sending a cheque off to this chap via his local RBL branch.

14. Not so fast please, I'll round it.

I'd also make the stocks to put the worthless sh!ts that did this evil deed in. Public humiliation of offenders will have far more effect than paying them to be good.