Norman

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by higthepig, May 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There really is no need to Email me, all that you wish to know about me is on here, but I`m not looking through 2463 posts to find it for you.

There are people on here that know me personally, if i were to come out with anything about my time in the Royal Navy, that wasn`t true then they would be down on me like a ton of bricks.

I only asked you about your dates in the RN and the Carriers that you were on, type of Aircraft flown and Squadrons etc, because i and many others would find it interesting.

In "How long did you serve" most people have put the dates of from and to, for their Naval service, you say that you are old but not very bold, well thats rubbish, it would perchance change some peoples attitude to-wards you. Tell us all that you are not a Walt Norm.

2. Another wanna be :?: :?: :?: :?:

3. We wait in anticipation. :wink:

4. I've been thinking of writing a compilation of mini-biographies on UA, Higgy and the French Bird for a while. Perhaps its publication on RR will draw more admirers and fewer questions. :D

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Higgy found another walt?....why do people do it? if I was gonna be a walt I'd at least be an Admiral or a General

6. Who's Norman ???

Norman Wisdom ??
    Norman Greenbaum??
    Norman Conqueror ???

Sorry, slow day waiting for replies to emails :cry:

7. Storeman Norman,

The Arse Kicking Jack Dusty, who taught Steven SeaGull, the Chef more deadly with a sidearm than a whisk in Under Serge, a film about a kidnap attempt on a French Tart called Ms Ourri

8. Could he be related to Nordmann (pronounced: Norman) - Nynorsk for a Norwegian subject?

9. Ain't that know the slightly over weight, ex-RN turned civvy who is working at stores in Drake?????

10. Doesn't "slightly overweight and ex-RN" describe anyone working in Flagship-run stores? :p :wink:

11. Dunkers,

Is slightly overweight polite navalese for obese, by any chance? :D

AAC

12. Slightly overweight is "Navalese" for "Fat Knacker",
    Obese would be "Navalese" for "Fcuking sweaty lard arsed Fat Knacker" :roll: :wink:

but I don't want to appear sizeist.

13. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

It might actually describe everybody working in Flagship-run stores

14. What about the old janner birds working in the little naafi just off the submarine jettys? Or is that NORMA????

15. If he's Norman Wisdom he might as well be Ordinary Seaman Norman Puckle.

16. I know which I am then... :oops: :D

17. Been reading through the forums and have to ask why ppl (Norman) just post crap that they think will rile others up.... what exactly do they get from being out witted and shown up?

18. Sadomasochistic arousal, perhaps? :? :D Then again, isn't that a contradiction? :lol:

19. They've surely goota get something out of it! although unsure if being made to look a Tw*t counts as S&M....! :)

20. Trolling, a phenomenon from before the emergence of t' web when the denizens of the network were limited to bulletin board services and usenet.

Got to say though that in them there olden days the trolls were at least quite bright and it used to be quite entertaining to set up a troll pit and play with them. They're less of a challenge now, so usually best not to feed them.