Norman

Norman (not his name) has, somewhat, shuffled off this mortal coil

He and my mother now live, blissfully, in the beautiful region of Tiscali in Sardinia.

He retired, not as a disgruntled SD two and a half--that he often, understandably, was-but, thank you, as a Hon. Commander plus pension and an OBE

I have taken up the cudgels on his behalf and will do so, so long as Moderators permit, continuing to point out the weaknesses of the current Royal Navy where they exist and as he (and I) see them.. The strengths will be well represented by the flotilla of PR "experts" the MOD employs at vast expense.
Bob

Well, there is your first contradiction. Is he dead or alive?
Your credibility tank needs a fill.
somewhat
ˈsʌmwɒt/
adverb
  1. to a moderate extent or by a moderate amount; rather.
    "matters have improved somewhat since then"
    synonyms: a little, a bit, a little bit, to a limited extent/degree, to a certain degree, to some extent, to some degree, (up) to a point, in some measure, rather, quite, within limits; More

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Sorry to hear of his shuffling, condolences to his family and friends.

More recently, I've come across a good deal of cricism of the Royal Navy on social media, particularly with the arrival of a yet to be commissioned aircraft carrier in Portsmouth, which didn't arrive complete with cellophane-wrapped squadrons of fast jets, ready for the off.

It strikes me that the criticism of the Royal Navy, the scarcity of ships and manpower and the other perceived shortcomings by those who served "when we had a real Navy" seem to be aimed at those doing the job with less, rather than those making the political decisions. Possibly that's the reason Norman (may his name be praised) usually got told to do one. Shame really. Had the respective governments spent the pension pot on warships instead of pensioners, I have no doubt the aim of the critical broadsides would've been closer to the bullseye .

See? Re Collingrad Piggery - I TOLD you it wasn't Norman!!

Anyway, has Hon Commander (WTF?) Norman 'left the Building' or is he still hanging on. If gone, then condolences to family.

@Ninja_Stoker
But the OP said:
He and my mother now live, blissfully, in the beautiful region of Tiscali in Sardinia.
I got an reply pointing out the use of the word "somewhat" had been used. So he's not dead, just "somewhat dead" and living on Sardinia. If he is "somewhat dead" we need to arrange "somewhat condolences". I, honestly, am unclear as to what the sitrep is.

@Ninja_Stoker
But the OP said:

I got an reply pointing out the use of the word "somewhat" had been used. So he's not dead, just "somewhat dead" and living on Sardinia. If he is "somewhat dead" we need to arrange "somewhat condolences". I, honestly, am unclear as to what the sitrep is.
I took it to mean his username is dead, not the person, hence my pic at post #5.
If I'm wrong then I will apologise but given the history of deception and flim-flam with various user names and sock puppets I think I'm probably safe.

Big clue: "He and my mother now live, blissfully, in the beautiful region of Tiscali in Sardinia."

@Ninja_Stoker
But the OP said:

Adverb Phrase Examples. ... An adverb phrase is simply two or more words that act as an adverb. It can modify a verb, adverb, or adjective and can tell “how”, “where”, “why”, or “when.” An adverb clause which also modifies verbs, adverbs and adjectives; but, an adverb clause also includes a subject and a verb.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
My condolences were aimed at Norman's family in Sardinia, incidentally. There, I typed it slowly.

I like it when people quote dictionary definitions as it tells me more about the person than the word.

G

guestm

A bellend is a bellend dead or alive.

The whiff of bullshit is overpowering once again, either that or it's a whole family of fuckwits sharing the exact same idiosyncrasies in their posts.

Shame it wasn't a family outing.

Barged.

somewhat
ˈsʌmwɒt/
adverb
  1. to a moderate extent or by a moderate amount; rather.
    "matters have improved somewhat since then"
    synonyms: a little, a bit, a little bit, to a limited extent/degree, to a certain degree, to some extent, to some degree, (up) to a point, in some measure, rather, quite, within limits; More
A somewhat irrelevant definition.
Saying that someone has "somewhat, shuffled off this mortal coil" is a bit like
a young lady explaining to her somewhat miffed father that she was only somewhat pregnant.