Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norman, a bit of Deja Vu........

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I'm going to call you Norman, because, well, why not?

Norman, I've said this to you before - possibly you didn't see it. Why do you persist in coming to the site with yet another persona? Do you not have the courage of your convictions? Every time so far you come across as a total dip-shit. You obviously could produce some decent stories for the rest of us, especially given your age which I estimate as 85+/- 5 years. You have referred to the Korean unpleasantness, so you might have missed the 'big one', though you'd probably have some tales from then too. Who knows but you? You may have served on Amethyst.......

I seem to remember in the dark and distant past that you alluded to having been stood over - so what? Life is too short. You may have originally joined as HO, then decided to become a Regular. You may have been an HO rating, then gone officer - only you know, - there is a story in itself. You could tell us what happened post-Navy - more stories.

Here's a plan - start (or use one you already have ;) ) a new profile. Keep this one going! Tell us a good dit, then sit back and enjoy the plaudits. Alternatively, create a new profile then tell us about why you are bitter and twisted - you might be surprised how much support you receive. You may live on your own; you may be recently bereaved etc.

Good luck - waiting for that first post. A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step.

slim

War Hero
I think Norman was bitter originally due to his Lt/Cdr son not being treated the way Norman wanted him to be
treated.
Norman must be around 90 years of age now so hope he is self isolating.
Lets face it when he pops his clogs we are going to have to find another village idiot

Stirlin

War Hero
He is always plodding on with stuff we already know , his latest Dauntless guff......yes we now it was WRNS basic training base but I have pulled him up on one point and he has no answer , same with all the stuff he post's.
For me being blessed with mental illness Norman is an example of someone who enjoys being ridiculed , the more the better. Indulge him , it helps him and our replies gives us summat to do.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
In a way I quite like the game of "spot the sock puppet" and now I'm a Mod I can enjoy personal abuse as an "internet bully" , I think that was the last insult before he deleted himself.

As Sherlock says "the game is afoot" :)

D

Deleted 94980

I'm going to call you Norman, because, well, why not?

Norman, I've said this to you before - possibly you didn't see it. Why do you persist in coming to the site with yet another persona? Do you not have the courage of your convictions? Every time so far you come across as a total dip-shit. You obviously could produce some decent stories for the rest of us, especially given your age which I estimate as 85+/- 5 years. You have referred to the Korean unpleasantness, so you might have missed the 'big one', though you'd probably have some tales from then too. Who knows but you? You may have served on Amethyst.......

I seem to remember in the dark and distant past that you alluded to having been stood over - so what? Life is too short. You may have originally joined as HO, then decided to become a Regular. You may have been an HO rating, then gone officer - only you know, - there is a story in itself. You could tell us what happened post-Navy - more stories.

Here's a plan - start (or use one you already have ;) ) a new profile. Keep this one going! Tell us a good dit, then sit back and enjoy the plaudits. Alternatively, create a new profile then tell us about why you are bitter and twisted - you might be surprised how much support you receive. You may live on your own; you may be recently bereaved etc.

Good luck - waiting for that first post. A journey of 1000 miles begins with one step.
[/QUOTE
It seems Rum Ration's cognoscenti is seeking a putative Scarlett Pimpernel by searching for a nascent symbionic lurking Dominic Cummings doppelganger within its ambit.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Anyone that wants to read the rivetting reply will have to open the quote, as his carer failed to show him how to use the facility correctly.
Nah, just joking - here it is:

[/QUOTE
It seems Rum Ration's cognoscenti is seeking a putative Scarlett Pimpernel by searching for a nascent symbionic lurking Dominic Cummings doppelganger within its ambit.

He also appears to have inserted the wrong day crypto. Maybe Sumo could translate?

I've tried being nice - it doesn't come naturally to me, so no more Mr Nice Guy.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Anyone that wants to read the rivetting reply will have to open the quote, as his carer failed to show him how to use the facility correctly.
Nah, just joking - here it is:

[/QUOTE

He also appears to have inserted the wrong day crypto. Maybe Sumo could translate?

I've tried being nice - it doesn't come naturally to me, so no more Mr Nice Guy.
At least he's removed any doubt about who he is with that response!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Is it quiz night already!!!! Oh, and could you explain the rules for 'afoot' cos I don't think I've played that one!!
Find the sock puppet and kick it!

Hold everything, I think I know what it is, and it's a female name and has given me three likes on this thread! Make that four now

Last edited:

Waspie

War Hero
Find the sock puppet and kick it!

Hold everything, I think I know what it is, and it's a female name and has given me three likes on this thread! Make that four now
Explains the silence for a few days. A sex change!!
Ain't modern science just remarkable!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS AAIB Report: Britten-Norman Islander, skidded on touchdown and overran the runway MoD News 0
SONAR-BENDER Ratsroden, Jackmehearty, Norman etc Diamond Lil's 4
D Norman The Gash Barge 25
SONAR-BENDER Norman....? Diamond Lil's 40
A Norman - cumgargling mongtard thread-split. Diamond Lil's 39
frogman007 Can we have more Storming Norman threads? Current Affairs 0
trehorn Norman Scratch Current Affairs 8
NotmeChief Sir Norman Wisdom (Merged threads.) Current Affairs 18
T (NORMAN) Boringly turgid? The Gash Barge 15
T (NORMAN)You could hear a pin drop The Gash Barge 56
YouAreHavingALaugh Norman has returned and it has all gone quiet!! The Quarterdeck 26
alfred_the_great Lt - Lt Cdr Signal (not Norman!!!!) The Fleet 25
NotmeChief Son of Norman - Nails the nobber. Diamond Lil's 6
S Norman's latest dross Diamond Lil's 17
sgtpepperband Justarrseingabout/Athwartships/Stalwart/Plumbersmate/Norman Diamond Lil's 3
clanky MOD censorship of gay Ganges Norman Arthur iPod The Quarterdeck 7
mikh Norman Site Issues 12
wet_blobby Norman Site Issues 28
NZ_Bootneck Norman's new alias. Add the latest here. Diamond Lil's 55
B What's happened to Norman? Site Issues 30
wet_blobby Norma/Norman/uncle tom cobley and all...... The Gash Barge 30
T The Norman Poll... The Gash Barge 12
slim Does Norman have some valid points. Diamond Lil's 73
higthepig Norman Diamond Lil's 27
Skunkmiester Norman returned to his pals Diamond Lil's 4
PragmaticJen O yer back then Norman! Current Affairs 44
A A bit of regret The Quarterdeck 15
D Ganges Boys Kit 1945. A bit different from today History 28
MoD_RSS Caroline does her bit to support community Covid-19 response MoD News 0
higthepig A bit of roughers........... The Quarterdeck 6
R Bit of an unusual question The Fleet 27
B Your probably all a bit too skin for this but..... The Corps 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Robber who bit off part of victim’s ear jailed MoD News 0
Ageing_Gracefully A nifty bit of parking Diamond Lil's 0
Sumo Bit of old history from a brave man History 2
C A little bit of lesser known history Bases / Shore Est 4
C erm... a bit of confusion any help apreciated! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
vauxhall EDP - the best bit Finance & Pensions 3
vauxhall The Best Bit - Have Your Cake and Eat It Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall The Best Bit --- Timing! Finance & Pensions 0
WannabeAdmiral What sort of questions come under the verbal ability bit of the RT? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
L The next bit Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
D Just a bit of clarification with regards system engineer cadet officer recruitment RFA 1
Ballistic A friend bit him, then this happened... Diamond Lil's 5
F The best bit Diamond Lil's 1
S Bit of an odd question... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
alfred_the_great Home Page and the 'rough bit' Site Issues 5
G Revised rules for The Rough Bit. Diamond Lil's 9
G The Rough Bit: The rules. Diamond Lil's 0
C A bit more interview advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17