NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by SONAR-BENDER, Oct 31, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No worries, Ivor's taken over, although his oggies are slightly more peppery IMO.

2. Always preferred Ron's to Ivor, unfortunately any pasty means gut rot with in the hour.
    SB is that a Scottish No?

3. Aye, it is! Anyway, we have bridies, not pasties.

4. Rons were all spud, Ivor's all black pepper!

5. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

A bit of lamp winging here.....I remember in 1959, being Devonport Gunnery Schools last caterer, my team always did a trip to Ivors Oggie shop, outside St Levans gate, to pick up a load of pasties that the classes wanted for their dinner as they were to idle to walk to the dining room in the top camp. A tasty oggie and a cup of tea, all provided by me from my office, at a premium I might add.. lol I watched on as the last classes passed through the Gunnery school and left for HMS Cambridge. I followed them out there a few months later. Now, of course, HMS Cambridge has gone too. I missed the closure as I had retired in 1974. I didn't get an invite to the closing party/wake either !! :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oggy is the way forward.

7. Fcuk me you the twat that served up the shit at The Gunnery School in 73 best pastie ever at the canteen most of us skipped Scran it was so shite