Non issue beret.

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by danny, Aug 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if anyone could recoend any where that sells non issue berets.
    Issued ones are shit. Most of the marines i know all have there own but they are the wrong colour obviasly.
    Any help would be great.

2. [​IMG]

How does this suit you?

Have a chat with yourself!

3. This may well be a bit of Pot Calling Kettle, but you had the cheek to question my Gene pool!
    Has to issued berets, if you adapt it properly they are just fine!

4. No i called your gene pool in to question as you said you go reivering.

5. After having a chat with myself i came to the unanimous conclusion that issed berets are shit.

6. Why not ask one of your Royal boyfiends where they get theirs, the shop they use may have a colour to suit you.

7. Why not drop Frank Spencer a line and see if he will give you his? :w00t:

8. Already tried.

9. No, they're not.
    You can get a decent "booty's" shape, with a bit of effort, from a "pusser's ferret".
    (In the same way that pusser's footwear doesn't come "bulled", pussers berets are not "ready to wear".)

10. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

Ebay, look for "small crown beret" obviously dark blue. They're 1000% better than pussers.

11. Just do a search for military tailors in Aldershot and get your hands on an RLC one. They are better than pussers, easier to shape, but don't keep your right ear as warm!!

12. Then there's the coveted green beret...... (off duty causal version)

[​IMG]

13. Well smart, might wear one tomorrow

14. Du Bora make the official 'Officers Beret' for the army but also make a Naval Blue one.

They are a small crown beret with a high quality leather band and an electric blue silk lining that you dont have to cut out.

They are far better than the issue ones, I know because I have one.

Not cheep but well worth it

www.dubora.com

They even offer BFPO postage rates.

CIA

15. Simple solution, Danny. Locate the nearest member of 16 Airborne, and steal their maroon lid. Swap this on E-bay for two Bootneck green lids, dye both of them dark blue, and you have a carefully shaped beret plus a spare.