Non issue beret.

I was wondering if anyone could recoend any where that sells non issue berets.
Issued ones are shit. Most of the marines i know all have there own but they are the wrong colour obviasly.
Any help would be great.

This may well be a bit of Pot Calling Kettle, but you had the cheek to question my Gene pool!
Has to issued berets, if you adapt it properly they are just fine!

gypquitacorrie said:
This may well be a bit of Pot Calling Kettle, but you had the cheek to question my Gene pool!
Has to issued berets, if you adapt it properly they are just fine!
No i called your gene pool in to question as you said you go reivering.

scabz

Lantern Swinger
danny said:
Issued ones are shit.
No, they're not.
You can get a decent "booty's" shape, with a bit of effort, from a "pusser's ferret".
(In the same way that pusser's footwear doesn't come "bulled", pussers berets are not "ready to wear".)

jambosun

Lantern Swinger
Just do a search for military tailors in Aldershot and get your hands on an RLC one. They are better than pussers, easier to shape, but don't keep your right ear as warm!!

Du Bora make the official 'Officers Beret' for the army but also make a Naval Blue one.

They are a small crown beret with a high quality leather band and an electric blue silk lining that you dont have to cut out.

They are far better than the issue ones, I know because I have one.

Not cheep but well worth it

www.dubora.com

They even offer BFPO postage rates.

CIA

Simple solution, Danny. Locate the nearest member of 16 Airborne, and steal their maroon lid. Swap this on E-bay for two Bootneck green lids, dye both of them dark blue, and you have a carefully shaped beret plus a spare.