Non Delivery

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Topstop, Apr 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My usual wine delivery has go astray, if I`m not in they usually leave it round the side or in the garage, never had a problem before.

The company wont send another load and the credit card wont refund because they complied with delivery instructions.

What should I do?

2. I cant see as you can do anytrhing

3. Unless you were buying Ch.Petrus '82 I wouldn't suggest going the household insurance route. If it was a couple hundred quid then you'll just have to suck it up mate.

Bad luck, but if you requested for them to leave it somewhere in your absence then you have taken the liability on.

I would order another crate, and stake out your house, battering anyone who touches your delivery.

4. I'm sorry to hear that, try drowning your sorrows with alcohol. I would recommend this 1998 red that some idiot delivery boy just gave me for free!

5. Seriously though mate that would really tick me off too. Sorry to hear it.

6. How long has it been since you actually ordered it?

Under the distance selling regs you have a right to cancel:

Right to cancel

Under the Regulations a consumer can cancel a distance contract at any time during the "cancellation period" by notifying this intention to the supplier in writing. A contract which is cancelled must be treated as if it had never been entered into by the consumer. For example, if the consumer has entered into a credit agreement in order to purchase the goods, that agreement must also be cancelled at the same time as the distance contract.

In both contracts for the sale of goods and contracts for the supply of services the cancellation period begins on conclusion of the contract. However, the duration of the cancellation period varies depending on the stage at which the written confirmation and additional information is provided. The earlier the information is provided, the shorter the cooling off period will be. The following is an outline of the various cancellation periods that may arise:
    Cancellation periods for goods

* where written confirmation and additional information is provided before or at the time of delivery of the goods, the cancellation period is 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the goods are delivered;
    * where the written confirmation and additional information is provided after the goods are delivered but within a period of three months beginning with the day after the day on which the goods are delivered, the cancellation period will end after 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the written confirmation and additional information is provided;
    * Example: the written confirmation and additional information is provided to a new customer three weeks after he placed an order. The cancellation period will be 7 working days from the day after the date the written confirmation was provided.
    * where the obligation to give written confirmation and additional information is not fulfilled within three months beginning with the day after the day on which the goods are delivered, the cancellation period ends after three months and 7 working days from the day after the day on which the goods are delivered.

7. That won't work, because you have no goods to return.

8. You can cancel before the goods are delivered, which from your point of view has happened in your case regardless of what the a***hole suuplier has said about it being somewhere else you have not received it as per the contract(so you could also ge them on non-performance.)

* where written confirmation and additional information is provided before or at the time of delivery of the goods, the cancellation period is 7 working days beginning with the day after the day on which the goods are delivered;

Contact Office of Fair Trading or even the Citizens Advice Bureau, the suuplier is in the wrong here.

9. Haha I know Jimbo, but it is really simple just jargoned up. Put simply the OP has rights in this case which the supplier is treading all over.

10. What were your delivery instructions by the way?

11. Go get em' Comm!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. The goods have been delivered. The time stamp left on the courier's handset once he signed it off will state that.

The fact that the OP waived almost all his rights by accepting liability in absentia gives him no rights at all under the distance selling regulations.

13. Sadly, I think you are right and I may have misread post 1.

14. The revolution is coming! :notworthy:

15. Funny feckers aint we :clap:

16. Seriously though, that cheered me up no end after my encounter with the ungrateful mammoth of a woman.

17. I was round the side of this garage the other day (being in the UK at the moment) for a swift waz, and bugger me, but I stumbled upon a box of wine - just lying there. So......... :oops:

Anyway, it was dank.

18. I'm amazed at the amount of people that just don't quite get the joke

19. My humour just works on a higher plain than yours. :D

20. I should imagine you'd need a sense of humour looking like you do.

meow