Non-active psoriasis

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by RedBull, May 18, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I know there are various posts on psoriasis and on medical standards, but they do vary on opinions. Is there anyone on here that has psoriasis that has had a medical recently, passed/failed? Or anyone with inside knowledge? I was led to believe that currently non-active Psoriasis, that hasn't had any treatment for over 3 years, was not a bar on entry. Can anyone confirm this? Also, I know that I will find out at my medical but it isn't for a few weeks and just wanted to prepare myself. Thanks

Sent from my C6603 using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
  2. Appreciate the response AD, and also for the message earlier, I was just wondering if anyone had any actual medical experiences on the subject? Anyone that can relate. I've asked my AFCO, he's advised me that he's had mixed experiences, and it was worth chatting on forums to find out others experiences.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If it is apparent at the medical it's a bar to entry. If it occurs whilst serving, it can result in discharge. Your GP will need to confirm it is no longer an issue & hasn't been for several years.
  4. Thank you Ninja_Stoker. I'll keep my fingers crossed that's how it will go. It isn't at all visible, it hasn't been for way over 3 or 4 years, even then it was literally 1 small dot on my side. Getting gp confirmation shouldn't be an issue as I last went to them regarding this issue 5 to 6 years ago. Even whilst serving I wouldn't expect it to show at all. Thanks again