Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Noise induced hearing loss

Just had the audiology test done for the lawyers, yep, still deaf to high frequency! Just waiting to see what they come back with, I reckon they have spent about £800-£1000 already, with the insurance premium and private audiology test. Wait out....

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

My claim, via solicitors has been rejected, its going back to them again with an acoustic engineers report about noise loss due to service in the motor room of a diesel electric submarine. If its not successful this time, its a court case.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

My claim, via solicitors has been rejected, its going back to them again with an acoustic engineers report about noise loss due to service in the motor room of a diesel electric submarine. If its not successful this time, its a court case.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
Good luck

Be interested to see the outcome of this as I also am almost deaf, some of which must be attributed to serving on DE submarines back in the 50's and 60's.
I use the latest (free) Ambio 77 NHS hearing aids and they're pretty good although there is no way of compensating when in a noisy room!

91 last week ---A and T boats motor room 1950 -1955. Only needed hearing aids quite late in life ???? Is possible the slow RPM A and T engines had less damaging effect than the faster P&O engines . The superchargers were dreadful on the A being close up to the motor room , but we didn't use them much --too much fuel !

91 last week ---A and T boats motor room 1950 -1955. Only needed hearing aids quite late in life ???? Is possible the slow RPM A and T engines had less damaging effect than the faster P&O engines . The superchargers were dreadful on the A being close up to the motor room , but we didn't use them much --too much fuel !
Happy birthday for last week, you old scrote.;)

Latest Threads