Noah's Ark

shiner

Midshipman
In the year 2006, the Lord came unto Noah, who was now living in Manchester and said, "Once again, the earth has become wicked and over-populated and I see the end of all flesh before me. Build another Ark and save two of every living thing along with a few good humans."

He gave Noah the plans, saying, "You have six months to build the Ark before I will start the unending rain for 40 days and 40 nights".

Six months later, the Lord looked down and saw Noah weeping in his yard....but no ark. "Noah", He roared, "I'm about to start the rain! Where is the Ark?"

"Forgive me, Lord," begged Noah. "But things have changed. I needed planning permission for change of use from residential to B2. It took 3 months, was refused and it has now been referred to the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister and the appeal will not be heard until late 2008.

I've been arguing with the building inspector about the need for a sprinkler system.

The DDA officer tells me I will need Disabled toilets and the all the doors have to be1000 mm wide. The ramp up to the Ark cannot exceed 1:20 and it will not fit in the yard.

My neighbours claim that I've violated the neighbourhood zoning laws by building the Ark in my yard and exceeding the height limitations. We had to go to Planning Department and reapply for planning permission for the Development.

Then the Highways Department demanded a bond be posted for the future costs of moving power lines and other overhead obstructions, to clear he passage for the Ark's move to the sea. I argued that the sea would be coming to us, but they would hear nothing of it.

Getting the wood was another problem. There's a ban on cutting local trees in order to save the spotted owl. I tried to convince the environmentalists that I needed the wood to save the owls. But no go!

When I started gathering the animals, I got sued by an animal rights group. They insisted that I was illegally confining wild animals against their will. They argued too, that the accommodation was too restrictive and it was cruel and inhumane to put so many animals in a confined space.

Then Environmentalists insisted that I couldn't build the Ark until they'd conducted an environmental impact assessment on your proposed flood.

I'm still trying to resolve a complaint with the Human Rights Commission on how many minorities I'm supposed to hire for my building crew. Also, the trades unions say I can't use my sons and they insist I have to hire only Union workers with Ark-building experience.

To make matters worse, the Inland Revenue seized all my assets,claiming I'm trying to leave the country illegally with endangered species.

Then I found out that the Customs and Excise would not register me for VAT and so I am not able to recover the VAT on the building materials.

So, forgive me, Lord, but it will take at least ten years for me to finish this Ark."

Suddenly the skies cleared, the sun began to shine, and a rainbow stretched across the sky. Noah looked up in wonder and asked, "You mean, you're not going to destroy the world?"

"No," said the Lord. "It turns out Blair and the bureaucrats have beat me to it!"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Veterinary medicines will continue to be available after Brexit: Joint statement from VMD and NOAH MoD News 0
dustyjack Noah and the flood Nautical Jokes 3
A Where's Noah? Current Affairs 0
geoffg Noah Diamond Lil's 2
geoffg Noah The Gash Barge 4
L Ark Royal in the 60s. History 2
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Ark Royal model started in 1992 is ready The Fleet Air Arm 10
Stirlin Ark Royal Model The Fleet Air Arm 2
O HMS Ark Royal Association Social & Reunions 0
S Ark Royal Scooters History 7
S ARK ROYAL CREW - HELP NEEDED Bases / Shore Est 15
pompeyexpat Ark Royal - Rig question The Fleet Air Arm 33
O HMS Ark Royal 1975 The Fleet Air Arm 0
P Does anyone know why Ark Royal (Invincible Class) was longer than her sisters? The Fleet 2
N Help - tom wilkinson - hms ark royal Current Affairs 12
scouse HMS Ark Royal at Turkey History 13
soleil Pompey News: "HMS Ark Royal To Leave Portsmouth For Scrapyard" The Fleet 43
stan_the_man HMS ARK ROYAL Op Telic 2003 Diamond Lil's 2
trelawney126 F4K. Ark Royal with Planeguard The Fleet Air Arm 6
P Ark Royal RO7 and Old Ship Associations The Quarterdeck 5
drewfester Ark goes for scrap Current Affairs 44
3 TV prog. HMS Ark Royal. Bagde question. The Quarterdeck 3
soleil Pompey News: "We Took A Punt On Axing Ark Royal, Admits Royal Navy Boss" The Fleet 0
trelawney126 WW2 Ark Royal Google Earth History 4
soleil Guardian: "HMS Ark Royal Could Be Turned Into Artificial Diving Reef" The Fleet 24
trelawney126 Ark Royal Sold to Pakistan Navy for £1 The Gash Barge 0
soleil Independent: "HMS Ark Royal Sale Deadline Extended" The Fleet 3
soleil BBC1: The One Show - 19:00 - 7th June 2011 - HMS Ark Royal The Fleet 2
C FMAA Tom Wilkinson - Ark Royal Nearest & Dearest 12
soleil BBC: "HMS Ark Royal Sale Viewings To Begin In Portsmouth" The Fleet 0
soleil Sun: "Ark To Be Saved For Gibraltar" The Fleet 1
Salty_Rupert HMS Prince of Wales to be HMS Ark Royal (VI) Current Affairs 2
P Prince Charles "saves" Ark Royal Current Affairs 16
soleil Docklands24: "Limehouse Church To House Ark Royal Navy Flag" The Fleet 3
D LOOKING FOR STD BRIAN O'NEILL ex HMS ARK ROYAL 1992-95 Nearest & Dearest 3
soleil Navy News: "Bids Sought To Buy Ark Royal" The Fleet 8
A Ark Royal for sale Current Affairs 0
W Please Sign The Petition To Save The Ark Royal & The Harriers The Gash Barge 15
soleil BBC: "In Pictures: HMS Ark Royal Through The Years" The Fleet 0
soleil Mail: "Revealed: The £105m Savings From Scrapping Ark Royal" The Fleet 3
soleil HMS Ark Royal Decommissioning Ceremony, Portsmouth, Friday, 11th March 2011 The Fleet 1
trelawney126 Moscow to Bid for Ark Royal: brokered by France Diamond Lil's 7
trelawney126 HMS ARK ROYAL Discovery TV Channel Current Affairs 7
soleil Mail: "Doomed Ark Royal Could Have New Future... As A Floating Helipad On The Thames" The Fleet 10
brianhrfc HMS Ark Royal Current Affairs 22
R HMS Ark Royal on Discovery Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 6
Kev73 HMS Ark Royal on Discovery Channel The Fleet 1
soleil TwoSixTV: "25 Years Of Ark Royal" The Fleet 0
soleil Pompey News: "'Save The Ark Royal Name' Plea To Queen" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Portsmouth says goodbye to HMS Ark Royal Current Affairs 0