Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Hideous, Mar 20, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

Been out of touch for a few years, may I ask, when did No8's become No4's?

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

About the same time ancient history ceased to be Current Affairs.

There's a thread about current uniform changes already running.
    • Braindead Braindead x 1
  3. What a really helpful answer.

Keep up the good work as moderator.
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Seadog

Sarcasm noted. Also noted is that you've been a member since 2007 so you don't qualify for newbie allowances or staff to look for articles and generate links for you.
    • Braindead Braindead x 3
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Popped my head in on here again after many years away to see if there is a still a strong whiff of knob end running this site - well done fella, you've proved there is. See you again in six years......
    • Like Like x 8
  6. To answer the OP's original question, around 2003 IIRC.
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. This really does sum up the total bellendedness of the site's moderators. No wonder many of the ex matelots with a couple of years service decide that there are better places for cracking a bit of banter etc.
    In the meantime this site has become the mecca for the " Joining the Navy for Dummies" brigade.
    ROMFT anyone?
    • Like Like x 8
  8. Seadog

Ah, hallowed 'banter'. Is that the same 'banter' that revolves around slagging, intolerance, prejudice, relative positions on the totem pole, picking on the runt, last person into the conversation, first person into the conversation, 'dumb' question etc?

On the above set of requirements, I thought I did rather well.
    • Braindead Braindead x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9.'s about having a laugh with like minded individuals, without the petty arseiness of a pissed with power moderator.
    • Like Like x 7
  10. It makes you think when things are said on ROMFT that would be jumped on, deleted and the OP ridiculed on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Seadog

No moderator
    'powers' have been exercised. Well, other than the thread being moved to the Gash Barge - like you noticed- because Current Affairs it still ain't.

The nippy, sarcastic, belittling 'banter' concept isn't difficult, unless you have hair gel in your eyes. This is not a serious thread.
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  12. You are still a knobend though.
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Seadog

Around which your mouth is wrapped.
    • Braindead Braindead x 4
  14. Keep the fucking noise down will you?
    I've just finished a night shift and all this
    gobbin' off in the mess square is keepin'
    me awake!

(mutter mutter)
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    • Funny Funny x 6
  15. From day one we have had a "No Moderation" Policy on ROMFT and it has worked 100%.There have been NO Posts Moderated at all since we started.We have NO MODERATORS,and as such i feel that is why the site runs perfectly well due to that fact.The site members can ask for a post to be removed and if the general concensus is for removal then it it done so.ROMFT is run for the Members and by the Members.The 3 "Admin" staff we have,me,the POS and Mikh are there to make sure that the site doesnt run into Tech issues and to put up the daily Tickertape,and thats it!
    • Like Like x 3