No such thing as beer goggles, says study

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by sgtpepperband, Apr 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Beer goggles are the age-old get-out clause for justifying a romantic encounter with someone who inexplicably turned ugly in the few hours after you left the pub... [Full story]

Well, that's my theory blown out of the water! 8O :D

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Obviously flawed research, thousands of matelots over hundreds of years can't all be wrong :roll:

3. The results are most definitely incorrect :oops:

4. I heard this on the radio this morning on the way to work and the male presenter clearly did not think the research had been properly done, though interestingly the female did not suggest that the finding that woment did get beer goggles was incorrect.

5. Not just matelots, but even more thousands of sqaddies as well. :)

P1ss poor research. Thank God. :D

6. I think the research asked the wrong question. When I'm pissed I don't even remember what the word "attractive" means. What they should have asked is, "Would you?".

7. I think you ought to read what the paper actually claims! :roll:

It is discussing if alcohol can led to confusion in males as to whether their date is a adult woman or still a child or adolescent. The research (which will need independent corroboration and a full examination of its methodology before anything forensically useful can be made of it) does not addesss the issue of discerning more handsome women from less handsome women under the influence of alcohol (or sea dads who ought to know better). Women on the other hand should have no difficulty in distinguishing between adult and child males. Boys, girls and women look basically the same whereas adult males exhibit brissel or furry faces, have nice deep voices and drink beer. :razz:

Perhaps the RN Medical Service (if it still exists?) could do some research into this topic along the lines of...

Investigation into effects of alcohol on Royal Naval Ratings ability to distinguish between Ladyboys, Attractive Females and Gronks. A longtitidunal study of the ships company of HMS Raleigh: 2009-2019

9. Of course they don't care - men, women, cats, dogs, they are all the same after a few pints. No one looks through the things in their head, they only see through the eye of their prick, and what that sees blots out anything else.

10. As the old tee shirt used to say...

Beer - invented so ugly people can get laid.

11. Dont be racist and omit sheep, think of the welsh, and Stokes.

Able seaman do not weep,
    was not you who shagged that sheep,
    Was a Stoker (Second class)
    Rammed it in the Bah lambs ass. :oops: