No such thing as a stupid question.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Taffd, Nov 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Never actually believed that myself.

I recall asking my Dad if batteries were AC or DC.

This mark you, after recently being awarded a prize for 'Best All-round Performance' on REM's qualifying course.

So what was your stupid question?

2. talking to best mate on my mobile...........half way through I turn to the Girlfriend and ask where my mobile is as I aint seen it. 'Shame'

3. "Will this hurt?" to an MA qualifies IMO.

4. Shouldn't this be in Newbies? :D

5. As a very young lad I was in the car with my dad and I asked him which gear was best for reversing

6. Stupid question? I know one, "Will you marry me".
    Fuckin dumb ass thing to ask. :twisted: :evil:

7. A classic RR stupid question, it goes without saying. :wink: :D

8. Will I need an iron when I go to HMS Raleigh? ...

9. Whilst driving to Exeter from Yeovil on the A30

Wife asked "Have we been through Bristol yet? would like to pop into IKEA". :?

Whilst living RA at Wyton.

A crab fat house mate asked whilst making his sandwiches "What side of this clingfilm is the sticky side"? :D

10. When I was small and at school; our teacher had been telling us about the background to Bonfire Night and Guy Fawkes ........

I had gathered that this was about ermm olden times and I knew that my grandmother was old (as far as I was concerned - she was actually about 50!) .......

So I asked her, was it possible that she herself had met Guy Fawkes?

11. Putting anything on Facebook after two many alcoholic drinks. Your know your going to regret it later......

The stupid questions will role in !

12. Had she? :roll:

13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Young Naive Girl to a Young Blackrat on leave - "You won't splurg in my mouth will you?"

14. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...many (too many to remember!) abusive and/or drunken matelots/matelotesses/squaddies - and civvies - to SPB during a night time down Guildhall Walk: "You can't nick me - I ain't dun nuffink, 'ave I..?!"

:shock: :twisted:

15. Any from the Wardroom Phrase Book.

ie "What seems to be the trouble, Chief?"

and then: "How long will it take?"

16. Or another wardroom classic "but it is do-able?" said when you shoot the latest bright ideas club project down in flames.

17. Thank you Wrecker,

A recent addition which I'll now add as an amendment to my vintage-not-to-be-used-after Dec-1993 edition.

You may cut along now. :wink:

18. Having obtained a positive breath test from a very drunk driver who had crashed his car into another, he was informed he was under arrest.
    His reply to caution was; 'Is this really necessary officer?'

'Oh I think so sir'

19. Looking around the garden my wife said to me" Do rocks grow? " now you understand why I spend a lot of time in the Boozer!

20. My Mrs asked me the other week, "how long '60 minute makeover' was on for"?

Yeah, cheers for that.