No Royal Navy Acquaint Course for me!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by catton01, Jul 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well popped into my afco today since i was going past and asked about the RNAC and found out that due to having previous service im not allowed to go on it.

I thought it would of been a good insight to the Navy lifestyle but i suppose it makes sense to give the place to someone who has no idea about what its like.

Just a heads up for anyone in the same position, Im not sure if this is 100% but im sure Ninja or Mario will confirm.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

It depends on the individual.

Some Careers Advisers send all their candidateas, some just send those that they feel will benefit from it.

It isn't compulsory but those that actually want to attend may do so providing there are courses available before the projected entry date.

3. I guess i'll just have to wait untill Raleigh to see what the Navy is like!

4. Anyone who has passed selection can be sent to the RNAC / RPC. previous service or not

However as Ninja said it is really down to the individual candidate/careers advisor.

Sm

:)

SM

5. Wait until after HMS Raleigh to see what the RN is like.

6. Wouldn't worry too much about it really, I never went on the RNAC and never had any problems with basic training.
    Your previous service should help you out but you should soon pick it all up anyway. Good luck!

7. Saw that one coming! I imagine that most of it will be similar to what i have experienced before, obviously there will be differences. Just cant wait to get started, January seems so far away!!

8. mine didnt put me down, he said the next ones not till September, i had just missed the last one, and he said he didnt want to put me on i. we both agreed that because i had been in the cadets and it seemed likely ( i thought anyway from how he was talking) i may be in or something before then so. all hopes go to me , fingers crossed.

9. If you've not passed your RT yet philcom3 I think it's extremely UNLIKELY you'll be in before September, verging on impossible in honesty.