No Respect

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Upon what do you base your sweeping generalisation Sarah? Do you coach sport or work with youth organisations such as the cadet forces? I guess not, and I can tell you from personal experience that you are well wide of the mark. There are still lots of good kids around, but you won't hear about them on the front page of the daily wail as it doesn't sell enough papers to the outragers. Btw how old are you?

Sarah83

Lantern Swinger
the area my parents live I'm where I draw my experiences from.
But the saying never judge a book by it's cover.comes to mind

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I don't really understand your reply to be honest. All I would say is treat youngsters as you find them, don't tar them all as no hopers. Have you ever heard of self fulfilling prophesy?

mamahut

I am a mother of a current serviceman and I can tell you that the youth of today DO HAVE RESPECT, which is why they are serving and on front line duties now. It is just a shame that so many who would like to join up can't due to cut backs. Maybe some of us who moan about the 'youth' should get together and get out there to give them a meaningful
l focus for their energy instead of denying them anything to do with their time, and moaning about when they get into mischief!

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Yes I have thanks
What? Can you please be clearer in your posts as I'm sure it's not just me that has no idea what you're on about half the time. Btw well said mamahut, my son, his best friend and one of my nephews are all in the process of joining up, the old man in me would love to slag them off, but I can see beyond the media shit about youths and recognise that they want a job and would maybe like to do something for their country.